Best air filter?

_BR1TT0N_

Hey guys, right got to get an air filter now. Heard the cones aren't much use other than making some noise which I don't need lol what's the best panel filter to replace oem in your opinions to go for? And what's the best way to get it taking cold air! :)

Edited by _BR1TT0N_

Replaced mine with a HKS super hybrid purchased from Clark Motorsport on here. Think it was £35 delivered. Got good reviews from the chaps on here so bought it and came with next day delivery too.

Plus it's bright green, haha

a9u5eter.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Replaced mine with a HKS super hybrid purchased from Clark Motorsport on here. Think it was £35 delivered. Got good reviews from the chaps on here so bought it and came with next day delivery too.

a9u5eter.jpg

+1 spoke to tdi north who remap and they said they give good results, they are dry and not oiled so no maf problems and are washable ... Oh and they're green :)

• Like 1

Pipercross and K&N are oiled filters which *apparently* can block the air flow sensor - non oiled ones work just as well, play it safe even if it is baloney about the oiled ones.

That's a myth , correctly oiled ones won't damaged the sensor.

General consensus when I was looking for air filters for my HR model was that either the standard ones or the cosworth ones were the best. You wont get any difference in power.

+1 agree when I read up on this the cosworth came out best but all the tests were with the old hks filter, the new super hybrid gets much better reviews

performance wise there is no difference really

I have certainly read a lot of problems with the k&n oiled filters on the porsche forums, user error ?? to me it wasn't worth the hassle

• 2 weeks later...

a9u5eter.jpg

Hmm, I need a filter...think i may get one of these then :) its green!

a9u5eter.jpg

plus 1 I found a new one from eBay for 28£ as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk