New owner here

Dave McCool

Hi guys!

So I've been lurking on here for a little while now while looking around for a new car; I was fairly well set on the 350 but also considered an S2000 and some other oddball choices.

Once I'd driven a 350 though, my mind was well and truly made up! I went and bought myself a very clean 2004 GT with 67k on the clock and FSH just under a week ago (it's taken me this long to give her a proper clean and actually take some pictures...), I had originally been looking for gunmetal based on how they look in the pictures and had driven many miles looking at many dogs, only really called to look at this one because it was pretty local to me and I couldn't get hold of the guy selling a gunmetal which I'd been planning to go and look at. I arrived having never actually seen a silver one but having also convinced myself they were the poor man's gunmetal - I couldn't believe how good it looked in the flesh and ended up making an offer!

The result - couldn't be happier! Actually, the stereo's pretty rubbish (or I'm using it wrong?) but other than that she's awesome! Had a few little bits done by the previous owner like the double-din and reverse camera, facelift LED rear lights and black wrapped roof, apparently been uprev'd at Abbey Motorsport (have a receipt for that knocking about somewhere) as well as having a lightweight flywheel last year when the clutch was done. Overall, mostly stuff that I would have done anyway so I'm pretty (very) happy.

Anyway, some pictures:

whGMSTr.jpg

s3oYqiH.jpg

ByQ4dR8.jpg

NmWZGm5.jpg

VRFjd1J.jpg

avvSMum.jpg

XBWBLht.jpg

• Like 2

Thank you for all your warm welcomes, this site and the seemingly very helpful and friendly community were, believe it or not, at least a small factor in my deciding which car to buy...

Great looking Zed and welcome. :welcome:

I like the front bumper although not sure I'd mount my number plate where it is. May block some of the air flow to the rad/engine? Probably not a big deal though. ;)

Yeah, I did think that at the time but it seems to run just fine.

I do agree that it should be moved though, will probably end up with a sticky plate above the grille I would think.

Sounds like it was owned by an enthusiast, the Bose is rubbish, it's not you

:welcome:

Yeah, the Bose speakers don't seem fantastic, and they're paired up with a Clarion touchscreen head unit with apparently nothing in the trouser department and a great set of features rendered completely useless by an unfriendly user interface - money will be spent here, and soon I feel!

Nice Z just got my one .... this is a great site lots of help ... What part of Essex are you.? :D

JC :D

I'm based not far from Colchester, you?

Is he going on holiday ?

Well he has the UpRev thought that would slow him down a bit

Yeah, it really won't be long...