EBay coilovers

SamN

Now, from my BMW background I don't like cheap coilovers, you can pick them up for £150 odd but they're not great quality and they're damn bouncy.

I just stumbled across these, currently on offer at £369, reduced from £439.

These are obviously quite cheap but has anyone tried them?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=141116574186

Worth asking anyway...

Cheers

Sam

Now, from my BMW background I don't like cheap coilovers, you can pick them up for £150 odd but they're not great quality and they're damn bouncy.

I just stumbled across these, currently on offer at £369, reduced from £439.

These are obviously quite cheap but has anyone tried them?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=141116574186

Worth asking anyway...

Cheers

Sam

You get what you pay for, I learnt that the hard way

• Like 1

Yeah I currently have Eibach springs which do the trick fine so will probably just leave them.

Just that I'm changing my wheels and may want to go lower. This is the first car I've had in ages without coilovers!

As you say though, probably worth spending more if I do decide to go for coilovers.

No experience of those but tbh I wouldn't touch them.

For an extra £200-£300 you could have a reasonable make like D2 or BC Racing.

Add another £200-£400 on top of that and you have a really good make like Tein or Eibach.

I'd just save up more ~ no point risking the ride comfort or safety imo. :thumbs:

Add another £200-£400 on top of that and you have a really good make like Tein or Eibach.

I'd just save up more ~ no point risking the ride comfort or safety imo. :thumbs:

So in other words, all he needs to do is double or tripple his money :lol:

False economy buying cheap coilovers especially if they're an obscure brand.

If you cant source replacement parts for them, then you end up having to buy a complete set again.

Happened to me at MoT with a leaky damper.

So in other words, all he needs to do is double or tripple his money :lol:

:lol:

Basically yeah. :lol:

does alex still do the hks coilys? i couldnt find the thread

We took a few sets over from Alex stock Steve, while moving everything over to the warehouse I discovered another set. Drop me a PM if anyone is interested

So Zmanalex is no longer trading on the forum? Mann I wanted him to help with my bearings lol

We took a few sets over from Alex stock Steve, while moving everything over to the warehouse I discovered another set. Drop me a PM if anyone is interested

So Zmanalex is no longer trading on the forum? Mann I wanted him to help with my bearings lol

Not sure if that's true. From what I understood ewan/Clark Motorsport have taken over the majority but Alex still does the odd thing here & there. Still does used spares I thought. :dry:

Correct me if I'm wrong Clark Motorsport. ;)

Thanks ewan. Are they the still £800? I think I will be giving you another pm soon :)

Thanks ewan. Are they the still £800? I think I will be giving you another pm soon :)

Yes mate, give me a shout if you are interested I had planned on taking fresh pics and starting a new thread but I will hold off.

• 3 weeks later...