corporation tax time

clockwize

Thats true - certainly good for UK business. Anything to close the gap on Ireland etc and it will become more viable for those companies who "base" there to simply pay the tax here instead. That may lead to the ability to lower it further, or at least reintroduce some spending. Im straying into politics though... :blush:

We did ours the other week - got in early. Only £6k this year.

Lucky bugger :rant:

does everyone on here bar me own there own business ?

I more sort of run one for the Tax man and the rich bankers - well that's where all the profit seems to go anyway!!!!! :rant:

The Vat is fun too. Its just like being a collection agency for HMRC but without getting paid for the job. Then theres the bit where you cant do cash accounting anymore, so you have to account for the money being yours at the moment of invoice, regardless of whether the money has physically come in or not. It means if somebody takes more than 3 months to pay, then you get to pay HMRC the value of the VAT on your invoice, regardless of whether you have been paid or not.

Its a right barrel of laughs Husky - give it a whirl. :lol:

• Like 2

does everyone on here bar me own there own business ?

I dont. I pay PAYE on my earnings and so 40% of everything I earn gets taken by the tax man. However, I do the company I work for`s accounts hence responsible for paying their corporation tax.

However, nearly all of my mates seem to be self employed or run their own limited business`s these days by the looks of it. I guess that explains why they all have money to burn and yet i dont.

Think I need to look into if theres anyway I can reduce the tax I pay!

The Vat is fun too. Its just like being a collection agency for HMRC but without getting paid for the job. Then theres the bit where you cant do cash accounting anymore, so you have to account for the money being yours at the moment of invoice, regardless of whether the money has physically come in or not. It means if somebody takes more than 3 months to pay, then you get to pay HMRC the value of the VAT on your invoice, regardless of whether you have been paid or not.

Its a right barrel of laughs Husky - give it a whirl. :lol:

Is Flat Rate Vat not an option? That way you get a little (sometimes) for doing The Man's Job for him.