Absolutely raging..someone tried to brick my window

SkylineV35

Im so ticked off right now some idiot tried to put a brick through my passenger window, it didnt smash but now im left with an outline of a brick..fanbloodytastic! I was wondering does anyone know if this can be repaired? Im sure I heard they can repair cracks but i dont know about scuff marks. The thing is I think it was purely random like a drunk tw@t picked up a brick and tried it. Because there are no other marks on the car and my wingmirrors are intact... I hate stupid tossers that do these kind of things! :angry:

20140329_011925_zps48ce9d50.jpg

20140329_012341_zpsc7ae5d49.jpg

What a massively c****sh thing to do. What the hell is wrong with people?

Someone cracked the windscreen in my Clio in some drunken high jinks, many moons ago, and the well known windscreens chap advised me it was definitely a big stone impact and not vandalism, don't know why, but he was insistent on this point. Wonder if it makes a difference to an insurer?

Edited by SuperStu

Yah they should have cctv on a halfords carparks! Some people!

No it wasnt done in harlfords.. It was on my street must of been at night. There is a camera but it is too far and not pointing in my direction. I didnt even bother with police they will never catch whoever did it. I stay near a student area and theres at least 50+ people that walk past drunk at night.

WTF :scare::surrender::angry:

Where you based buddy?

Im based in cardiff right now

Trip to the Zed Shed me thinks :thumbs::yahoo:

Zed shed? sorry I have heard you guys talk about it before. wheres that?

*http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/80219-what-is-the-zed-shed/

I found it! :)

Edited by SkylineV35

What a massively c****sh thing to do. What the hell is wrong with people?

Someone cracked the windscreen in my Clio in some drunken high jinks, many moons ago, and the well known windscreens chap advised me it was definitely a big stone impact and not vandalism, don't know why, but he was insistent on this point. Wonder if it makes a difference to an insurer?

I dont plan to go through insurance as my excess is 300 anyway. I know what the hell goes through these peoples minds... if your drunk go and get laid or something why hit cars?!

Also went to Autoglass they said they couldnt do anything about it.. they said something about labour involved i would be better off replacing. Still waiting for a quote, but i know it will be ridiculus because the guy genuinely doesnt want to touch it.

WTF :scare::surrender::angry:

Where you based buddy?

Im based in cardiff right now

Trip to the Zed Shed me thinks :thumbs::yahoo:

Zed shed? sorry I have heard you guys talk about it before. wheres that?

Its a place where magic happens :stir:

:yahoo:

Hi mate - Bournemouth on the sunny south coast :)

99% certain I have a spare :)

Does the 350z window fit on V35 350gt? I didnt think our cars were that similiar? if it does that is amazing!!

going to google now and double check!

Edited by SkylineV35

Does the 350z window fit on V35 350gt? I didnt think our cars were that similiar? if it does that is amazing!!

I hope so - if it does let me know and I'll go check the 350 Aladdin's cave of parts to make sure there is one there in good nick :)

Edited by Keyser
  • Like 1

I hope so - if it does let me know and I'll go check the 350 Aladdin's cave of parts to make sure there is one there in good nick :)

Thanks man... think il need to hunt down a zed if all else fails and take some measurements.

Really enraging reading this, what a cretin!

If its of any use at the end of last year some debris of what i suspect was a blown tire on the motorway got flicked up by the car in front and hit my windscreen on the drivers side. (scared the crap out of me), it left quite a bad scuff on the glass that i got off with Gtechniq G4 glass polish, Not sure yours is a lot of little chips or a scuff by the photo but it worked on mine.

Heres how it looked when it happened.

2CC6AE38-454D-4F33-93A7-C8B7BCCDA65C_zpsy5tudcyy.jpg

Thanks man... think il need to hunt down a zed if all else fails and take some measurements.

The doors look similar but the handles are different - the window motors appear to be the same - not much help but a start.

Edited by Keyser
  • Like 1

Really enraging reading this, what a cretin!

If its of any use at the end of last year some debris of what i suspect was a blown tire on the motorway got flicked up by the car in front and hit my windscreen on the drivers side. (scared the crap out of me), it left quite a bad scuff on the glass that i got off with Gtechniq G4 glass polish, Not sure yours is a lot of little chips or a scuff by the photo but it worked on mine.

Heres how it looked when it happened.

2CC6AE38-454D-4F33-93A7-C8B7BCCDA65C_zpsy5tudcyy.jpg

Thats the thing when i sprayed it with my glass cleaner it looked almost invisible.. mine is definately a scuff( the way i would describe a scuff would be if you grabbed your phone put it on the floor and dragged it along, and you'd be left with kind of powdery scuff like mark)

I can deal with it for now but it enrages me everytime i look out the passenger side window for cars etc.. but it is something i would definatley want to replace before selling the car if i ever do.

Sad and angry for you SkylineV35 reading this. :angry:

Hard to tell exactly from the pictures but couldn't you at least try one of the windscreen repair kits ( http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/200958763234?hlpht=true&ops=true&viphx=1&lpid=95&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=95&ff19=0 ) and possibly some GTechniq G4 glass polish afterwards like 350 Russ suggested?

I've seen the glass repair kits being used on some seriously bad chips before and the results are great.