Hi all, Evo VIII to 350Z

Hello to all fellow zed owners. I currently own a grey 2004 mr fq 340 and have done so for the last 2 years. Now the zed bug has bitten me, so after about 6 months of looking I bought my first 350 yesterday and picking it up saturday :teeth: . I'm very very excited. It's completely standard so I can do my own mods which will only be minor. Based in Lincolnshire so looking forward to meets etc.. :thumbs:

Thanks very much for the welcomes. Will get some pics up as soon as I get it. Yeah I think I will miss the turbo but wont miss the 4500 mile services lol. Been quite lucky as I have one of the best evo speciaists on my door step. Lol going to try and keep the mods to minor (well that's what I'm telling the wife anyway ;) ). Can't wait for the weekend to arrive. I'm going to be an active member of the forum so looking forward to contributing aswell as taking lots of advice.

Welcome from another evo 8 to zed owner. I had an fq300 with 390 at the fly. I got the zed to keep standard and save money but ended up supercharging it and now it's upto around 450 at the fly so costing me just as much as the evo and I still get it serviced every 4500 miles like the evo :lol:. One thing I don't miss my EVO at all and I had it for 3 years

• Like 1

Welcome from another evo 8 to zed owner. I had an fq300 with 390 at the fly. I got the zed to keep standard and save money but ended up supercharging it and now it's upto around 450 at the fly so costing me just as much as the evo and I still get it serviced every 4500 miles like the evo :lol:. One thing I don't miss my EVO at all and I had it for 3 years

Cheers, I've kept my Evo standard apart from a walbro fuel pump, brakes and a cheeky remap, but the clutch started to slip a month after buying it :doh: so replaced it and the flywheel for a lightweight one which cost close to £1500 lol.

Don't think I'm going to miss the fact that if anything breaks it costs a small fortune to fix it. Really looking forward to owning the z and this forum already seems a lot more friendly than the 'other' evo forum :lol:

Cheers, I've kept my Evo standard apart from a walbro fuel pump, brakes and a cheeky remap, but the clutch started to slip a month after buying it :doh: so replaced it and the flywheel for a lightweight one which cost close to £1500 lol.

Don't think I'm going to miss the fact that if anything breaks it costs a small fortune to fix it. Really looking forward to owning the z and this forum already seems a lot more friendly than the 'other' evo forum :lol:

My clutch was starting to slip after a few too many launch control starts :lol: so that's why I got rid of it, spent far too much money on it. I was never on the MLR forum so don't really know. Costs about £30 a year aswell. I'd rather spend that on 5 minutes worth of petrol for the evo lol

I think the previous owner must have done a couple of launches before part ex it lol. Thanks for the welcomes :thumbs: I will miss the ayc and 4 wheel traction but looking forward to something different. The fq 320 and 340 are very similar. evo's are just money pits but blooming fun! :teeth:

• Like 1