Test drove Infinity G37 today !! Blumin ace!

stanski

After the recent GT86 drive and subsequent disappointment I foolishly thought lets see an Infiniti G37 coupe once and for all so I can discard them. Well I always liked them but the price is stupid.

This morning I drove to Infiniti Stockport and they had one in. I was thinking naa stuff it lets not bother, but Lucy said come on whilst we are here...

So after they let me sit in it, put Ania in the child seat in the back , take in the interior and functions etc, we ended up on a test drive.

Well flummin blinkin eck although an auto it was bleedin ACE!! Tonnes of room for my daughter in the back, bags of room inside, yet it felt like driving my 350z! I know its a 370z with 4 seats and it feels like. Excellent feel to the controls fully loaded by default.

This demo was pearl white and all I could think of was Colins 370z!

Like the Zed its a perfect long distance cruiser but with a bite/growl when it needs it. The flappy paddles were good too.

£46k brand new!!! Sheesh...

Well now I have a dilema, I love to have one and nothing else will do, but the cost to buy (used that is) - still expensive.....

I have been trying to figure out loans tonight - nit a good sign....

Watch this space!!

Will we be able to join club days out again, in a pretend 370z? ;-)

Really nice car the g37 and pearl white is awesome colour but 46k ouch!!!

Feel your dilemma wanting 4 seats and the love of the Nissan v6.

Not a pretend 370 but a luxury big sister from the family.

Will be even rarer on the road than a 370 so will definitely get the looks.

Any pictures from today.

Haha no pics was too preoccupied trying not to trip over my tongue!

£46 k new but about mid-high 20's second hand.

The one I drove was for sale at £26k its got 3000 miles on clock and its a 13 plate. Mint condition other than a bit of a wheel curb on the back. Not that I was taking any notice you understand haha.

Lucy wants one now too!!

The alternative for me is the new Beetle 2.0 ltr Turbo in black which well being a VW fan my whole life (aircooled though) I can live with as a cheaper alternative but you know I cant the expensive bugger put of my mind!

Great car as a cruiser with some oomph when needed. Had a test one last year and it was very luxurious and drive really well

Felt planted when pushing it but like some other cars it lacked the excitement and drama of others. For your needs it could be ideal

They not going cheaper than 20 k on autotrader?

I cant budget for £26k that is just too much for me? Then you have the usual, tyres, petrol, insurance etc on top. There were a few last year a bit cheaper but seem to have gone?

Ironically the convertible versions are better value for money but no boot space with roof down which for us is a non starter? Children have more luggage than adults!

I will sleep on it and see?

It just brought back that zed feeling again, which as you know is addictive.

It really is down to money or lack of! Maybe I need to wait , new registrations only came out so maybe more might come back on the market from pcp schemes etc.

Btw Infiniti Stockport treated us very well, very relaxed and low key, makes a change

My theory is if you've always had run of the mill hatchbacks then pull out a flash car at the turn of 40 that's midlife crisis. But if you've always had eye catching cars it doesn't apply :lol:

If you still couldn't live with red then wrapping it at that price your still quids in

Its a very good, overlooked car I think. You can pick holes in everything and say oh its not as 'tight' as a 3 series etc, but tbh... are you a road tester...no lol If your after a unique coupe with a good amount of power, comfy, smooth, genuinely usable rear seats (and don't mind the fuel!) the G37 is a gd'un. Its like a Z for the more mature person haha. But yeah don't buy new. Theres plenty second hand with barely any mileage for £19-25K and you get a good amount of toys with it and flappy paddles lol. Honestly if you don't mind the running costs its a pretty damn good car to have in terms of looks, luxury and power. I'd certainly have one if I had to replace the Zed with something a bit less "hardcore". Certainly gets the looks anyway just as much a Zed (mind you one of the ones I had was black with big black alloys so.... lol). Just one thing...get the model that DOESN'T have the chrome lip spoiler at the rear lol

Haha thanks mate. I like the 'more mature bit'!! Haha!

I am a long time petrolhead from age 4 actually! So even after having a family now there are no rules that say I have to buy a Renault Megane or similar!

I have a boring long journey to work and back every week and although common sense says diesel and german neither excite me!

The G37 is my extended zed with 4 seats and a boot which covers family requirements. Not had a mid life crisis I just love cars always have.

We dont consider petrol costs too much if we did then we would buy sensible cars like everyone else!

So anyway thanks for the review.