Caravan Catcher Upgrade (Part 1)

Keyser

:wave:

I think you may have seen a similar set of pictures from the Zed Shed before

But to keep you all updated with the goings on in the Shed, here is another set

(sorry the pictures are really poor - maybe the batteries are a bit flat but it was a crappy day anyway, dark raining and just yuk!)

So Sunday morning MrE dropped in for a disk and Pad change I only mention it as it is worth pointing out he came down on a Saturday a few weeks ago to change the pads,

We jacked the car up took the wheels off and then found out he forgot the pads :doh::lol: So he came back on the following Sunday with the pads. So we jacked the car up took the wheels off and found the inside face of his disks were worn out :lol:

Anyway we actually changed his disks and pads this Sunday.

Of course MrsE brought homemade goodies again :thumbs:

KODC0173_zpsbf038f9f.jpg

Yes the pic was taken 3 minutes after Buster got near the tin!

This leads us on nicely to Sunday afternoon, Some of you may know that Matt has been struggling to out run car/caravan combinations in his 350z. He recently decided that it was all down to his under performing engine :shrug:

Now I just so happen to have a recently rebuilt VQ engine (O what a coincidence) so Matt very kindly offered to test the new engine for me and at the same time he can confirm if it is possible to outrun a caravan in a 350z. Everyone's a winner :thumbs:

No speed records today just a lazy afternoon snapping bolts off a 10 year old Nissan

I think we started around 1:30

Apprentice attack!!!

KODC0174_zps07df1f5c.jpg

KODC0175_zps0bb07d2f.jpg

KODC0176_zps5020cb6a.jpg

Please notice Buster is already starting to fade (he only made it to 3:30 pm today) He worked to hard this weekend :lol:

We found this in the radiator neatly folded and stuffed in a corner :shrug:

KODC0179_zps48f2e10d.jpg

KODC0180_zps9c994180.jpg

KODC0182_zpsbffaf65c.jpg

KODC0181_zpsc502fc25.jpg

Easy access to the prop shaft :)

KODC0184_zps7a1e9c02.jpg

On the Zed Shed floor ready to strip

KODC0187_zps1e7d930f.jpg

I think we finished about 6:30pm

Going to split the Gearbox tonight and see what condition the clutch and fly are in.

Will keep ya posted.

Edited by Keyser
  • Like 1

Was a fun afternoon (well, as fun as it can be ripping an engine out if your own car!). Car now looks pretty sorry for herself sat in the corner.

Onwards and upwards! :) bring on the caravans

You'll have more satisfaction driving it again, knowing the work you've put in yourself :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pmsl - the caravan catcher, that's got to be the official name for matts motor now :)

If Matt makes it past a Caravan once completed, we expect a happy dance from him :stir:

Just to give you some inspiration . . . .

:lol:

big push today.....we managed to get the clutch etc and gearbox back on to the motor last night and even got it sat back in the zed....hopefully by late pm today Matt will be mobile again. :D

• Like 3

Just had a nice hot shower after a day in the Zed Shed with lots of doughnuts Mmmmmmmm

Someone left with a big smile on his face :thumbs:

I'm sure he will be along later with the pics etc - May be a while as he is "test driving" it may be a long test, I think he missed her :console::lol: