350z engine seized

zeb

it's an ENGINE not a engion.

I can forgive it once or twice, but not constantly!

Anyway,

You need to get your engine stripped down to see what damage is done. It could be fixable for considerably less that the £1500 ish of buying a second hand engine, and then paying for it to be fitted.

Where are you based? We may be able to recommend somewhere to take it to be looked at.

What were the circumstances of it becoming seized?

The Rev-Up was a slightly modified version of the VQ35DE.

Sorry mate im dyslexic

Will try to remember to spell correctly

Im not too far from manchester so if you got anyone local then please let me know.

Im not sure what caused the car engine to become seized, i just bought it from auction its only got 40k on clock

How do i know if mine is REV -UP or not?

Well doesn't that make me look lick a d***. :lol: My apologies.

Someone local will likely be able to recommend someone.

You car is an 07, and not a HR, so it is a Rev-Up engined car.

Brave man buying a car from an auction with a seized engine when you clearly know nothing about engines or mechanics......

• Like 2

Why is it dyslexic people can always spell dyslexic properly? Also, why are most of them on the internet?

As has been said, you'll need a Revup engine. At what point does the redline start? If 6.5k it's a normal DE, if 7k it's a Revup.

Well doesn't that make me look lick a d***. :lol: My apologies.

Someone local will likely be able to recommend someone.

You car is an 07, and not a HR, so it is a Rev-Up engined car.

Brave man buying a car from an auction with a seized engine when you clearly know nothing about engines or mechanics......

Its ok mate no problem

Oh now i understand so a single airfilter engine is a REV-UP and the new double airfilter engine is HR correct?

Yeah your right i really dont have a clue about the engines so it was a big risk but the car cost me half its value :) so though got to be worth it :)

Why is it dyslexic people can always spell dyslexic properly? Also, why are most of them on the internet?

As has been said, you'll need a Revup engine. At what point does the redline start? If 6.5k it's a normal DE, if 7k it's a Revup.

I had to google how to spell dyslexic as didnt want to look completely stupid. :)

Ok will check the redline tomorrow as car is in the garage

• Like 1

It's the easiest way, really. There are other more technical ways, and the speedo could be replaced I guess, but it's highly unlikely.

Thank you for your help, hopefully the speedo is original :)

Zeb you should have given a heads up about the dyslexia, people are understanding if they know the reason :thumbs:

It was pretty obvious imo although I have two mates who have dyslexia so maybe it's more apparent to me. ;)

So it's you're fault then :lol:

Zeb you should have given a heads up about the dyslexia, people are understanding if they know the reason :thumbs:

It was pretty obvious imo although I have two mates who have dyslexia so maybe it's more apparent to me. ;)

So it's you're fault then :lol:

1373547739250.jpg

• Like 1

I have a lot of sympathy for those with dyslexia or learning difficulties, but surely that doesn't stop them using spell check or a browser (like Google chrome) that does it automatically? I know I can't spell, so that is what I do.

Hope you manage to source a suitable engine, you've done the right thing coming here for advise. :thumbs:

• Like 1

I have a lot of sympathy for those with dyslexia or learning difficulties, but surely that doesn't stop them using spell check or a browser (like Google chrome) that does it automatically? I know I can't spell, so that is what I do.

Hope you manage to source a suitable engine, you've done the right thing coming here for advise. :thumbs:

Spell-check isn't perfect though ... I'd advise some people to take advice ;)

• Like 4

Spell-check isn't perfect though ... I'd advise some people to take advice ;)

:lol: :lol: That was inevitable. :lol: :lol: ........And I read it twice before posting. :blush::lol:

• Like 4

Thanks i usually do use spell check on my computer but im doing this in my phone so its a little difficult

But thank you everyone for the help and the spelling lessons :)

• Like 3

Thanks i usually do use spell check on my computer but im doing this in my phone so its a little difficult

But thank you everyone for the help and the spelling lessons :)

Don`t let them get you worrying about it. Half of the posts on here have bad spelling and grammar and the other half are illegible due to the none compatibility issues of IE. Oh, and welcome. :teeth:

Edited by Wayne370Z

• 2 weeks later...

GOOD NEWS!!!!!! I finally did it :) i have my 2007 Z up and running!!

And bot it sounds sweet :) :) i can not stop smiling :) :)

Thank you very much to everyone who helped and the advise i was given helped me BIG time

I can not thank you guys enough :) :) :)

• Like 3