350z engine seized

zeb

Hi

Im new here so not sure if this is in the right place to write this

I have bought a 350z 2007 and the engion is seizd,

I need to know can i put any 350z engion in it or are they all diffrent?

Also has anyone got a engion for sale?

• Like 1

2007 is the year the engine changed.

So you need to know if it's a VQ35DE or a VQ35HR your car is fitted with. Quickest way to know this is if your engine has twin air intakes it's the later model HR.

I rang nissan and they confirmed my code is VQ35DE so will this mean any inguon i get with this code will work?

As also was told that the serial number in the block must also match? Is this correct?

:welcome: Good luck with the hunt

Thank you Tony

I am thinking it may be cheaper to buy a damaged 350z and then use the engion and could sell the remaining car as parts?

Any suggestions?

You need a 2006 spec VQ35DE Revup engine, they were only produced in 176 2005 GT4 special editions and maybe 1000 Zeds at the most, so may be hard to come across.

Is repairing the engine not an option?

You need a 2006 spec VQ35DE Revup engine, they were only produced in 176 2005 GT4 special editions and maybe 1000 Zeds at the most, so may be hard to come across.

Is repairing the engine not an option?

What is the difrance of a rev up engion and a normal engion? Are all VQ35DE rev up engions?

Alfie is breaking a 350z will his engion fit my car as both have the single air filter?

I just thought it may be easier/ cheaper to replace rather then try fix the old one

Edited by zeb

it's an ENGINE not a engion.

I can forgive it once or twice, but not constantly!

Anyway,

You need to get your engine stripped down to see what damage is done. It could be fixable for considerably less that the £1500 ish of buying a second hand engine, and then paying for it to be fitted.

Where are you based? We may be able to recommend somewhere to take it to be looked at.

What were the circumstances of it becoming seized?

The Rev-Up was a slightly modified version of the VQ35DE.

• Like 6