Promise not to tell mummy?

Adrian@TORQEN

Fine, sure nothing could possibly go wrong. Still, could do with a proper seat in the front.

She is more than likely on a booster, but may be at her age it could be safer in a seat (I don't have or want kids so it's hard for me to judge) but it's hard to tell against seat belts, mine sits like that in my Zed and I have the seat raised, I'm always pulling it away from my neck, in the supra it's worse and I have to sit on a cushion just to be able to see over the steering wheel and the seatbelt drives me nuts, I have asked for a colour coordinated booster seat but apparently I don't drive it enough lol

Apart from the booster seat I don't see anything wrong. We can't see the traffic or the conditions, and he wasn't going full bore in every gear. It was just a couple of bits of fast acceleration. I used to ask my father to do the same when I was a kid. I think it's a little unfair to castigate the dad for this.

• Like 1

Some people are so judgemental. Typical of the modern day nanny culture!

When I was very young my dad let me sit on his knee and I'd help with the steering as we drove around the block, something I did with my two boys too.

Pick the bones out of that ;)

Oh and I used to take my kids out and when appropriate boot the car. They loved it too :)

• Like 1

Commenting 'I did this and that when I was younger and it was fine...' is no replacement for how a parent would feel treating their kids the same - I sat on a deckchair in the back of a van as a kid and it was hilarious, but no less stupid looking back and would never do that to my kid. Its not nanny state, its using some common sense which somewhat ironically isn't common.

Personally I wouldn't have my kid floating around in a chair and a belt that clearly they don't fit in the front and blipping a high performance car, but hey maybe I am overprotective. Thats all I got to say on this really.

It really boils my **** on here how people always take the I'm a perfect law abiding citizen, and I frown upon people doing this this and this, approach....

I've been on drives with some of these members on here who are doing it, not necessarily on this thread, and they've been driving like complete idiots and doing crazy speeds etc and they're generally very very bad drivers with poor driving skills and reactions.

People need to get off there high horse with stuff like that and live in the real world. Yes you may not necessarily agree with what this guys done but I can guarantee at some point that you have probably done something that has endangered somebody else - or their kids- without even realising it.

Practice what you preach ladies.

Edited by Neilp
  • Like 6

The kid was on a booster seat, Jamie mentioned it on the GTR forums :)

didn't seem like it from the video as the seatbelt seemed round her neck , maybe they need a bigger one for a older child :shrug:

Like i said in an earlier post she enjoyed the ride :)

First time I took my 11 year old daughter out I was given the circuit to use by the wife and it never exceeded 40mph. Must admit similar effect with the giggles and screams. When we got back Mum asked "Did Dad exceed the speed limit ?" to which my daughter answers "No but he didn't take long to reach it !" Never been prouder !

• Like 2

Feckin hell - I don't think anyone has said it was irresponsible driving or anything of the sort... just that it would have been good to see the appropriate car seat in use to ensure wherever possible it was a safe as well as enjoyable experience. If the bloke posts a video online he can only expect comments :shrug:

I am sure the chap was driving well within his capabilities.

Agreed but it's the other numptys on the road you need to worry about :scare:

like guys from the club out on a run??

On the only time i have been on a run (wales) i didn't see any bad driving, so can't comment.

I am sure the chap was driving well within his capabilities.

Agreed but it's the other numptys on the road you need to worry about :scare:

like guys from the club out on a run??

On the only time i have been on a run (wales) i didn't see any bad driving, so can't comment.

Well the runs i've been on theres definitely plenty of speeding.

Im really fed up of people on here with the moral high ground on here. I've been on runs where i've seen people drive well outwith there abilities just because everybody else is driving fast.

Remember speeding doesn't necessarily mean breaking the speed limit. I've seen guys do 60 on country roads, even with the speed limit as national speed limit, and I still believe they were driving too fast for that road. I remember the Scottish Hoon fondly. Guys on single track roads driving under the speed limit but still too fast for the roads.

Yet we are still quick to criticise others.

Edited by Neilp