Hello from Sunny Yorkshire

Hi all,

Just joined to see what your community is like, for me community is a big part of the owning experience of any car and you guys are up against the S2000 fraternity as its between that and a 350z to replace my Alfa 147.

They seem a good bunch (a lot better than the TT lot at any rate) so you have a high benchmark to beat :D

Anyway, love everything I've read about the car and in my search for a good all rounder RWD car with 2 seats and good track day credentials the 350z is creeping to the top of my list.

I'll be hanging around over the next few weeks and if anybody knows of any meets in the Yorkshire area please let me know.

What got me thinking of the 350z is one that is driven by an asian lass parks at the shops over the road from where I work in Huddersfield. It's Black with Gold BBS style split rims and an aftermarket adjustable rear wing, if she's a member on here I wouldn't mind a closer look at her car, it looks awesome.

Cheers

Sean

Have you had a test drive yet?

I haven't, I've pitted it up against an S2000 in Forza Motorsport 2 on the 360 though and the Z proved to be much quicker... unsure if that's a viable test ;)

I've come here first as I wouldn't want to buy the car and find there is no community around it.

:)

Test drives are the next step...

My neighbour had an S2000 and looks wise I would say it is a lot more girly. I prefer the more aggressive mean look of the Z which is something I like. I can tell he's jealous as he has basically been hiding since I got mine!

My neighbour had an S2000 and looks wise I would say it is a lot more girly. I prefer the more aggressive mean look of the Z which is something I like. I can tell he's jealous as he has basically been hiding since I got mine!

Firstly, thanks all for the greets.

The drop top is something I've never done and I've lusted after an S2000 for years, thing is I found out a couple of weeks back that Zeds were in my price range too so that's rocked the boat a LOT!!!

I can't make any meets for the next coupla weeks but I'll keep an eye on the meets section to see what's happening, might go along to that Japanese night that happens over in the North West looks good and I can get a feel for the whole thing.

Think I'd stand out turning up in an Alfa? :D

Ghost- are you a hairdresser? Or a tanning salon owner?

Neither, I'm a freestyle martial artist with a somewhat techy day job to pay for tyres and other motoring consumables like gearboxes which don't seem to last very long with me, hope the Z has strong transmission. it'll need it :D

Welcome dude, as Sarnie said Zedrush teaches cage fighting so i bet you two will get along, he gets along with all the boys. ;)

Id say get rid of the s2000 and get the 350z as soon as possible, such a better car

Hello and welcome.

I was in your position a year ago. It was between a Zed and an S2000. Well the outcome is clear.....

Get a drive of both for a whole morning or afternoon, you'll know which one suits you better!

Welcome dude, as Sarnie said Zedrush teaches cage fighting so i bet you two will get along, he gets along with all the boys. ;)

That's cool, there's a cage fighting place in Bradford I've been meaning to go to the only thing I lack is ground fighting and grappling skills which is what cage fighting tends to boil down.

I only really do it for fitness, I like all adrenaline fuelled sports and there's nothing better than martial arts to condition your body for other sports like Snowboarding and Racing.

:)