My Clio 182 daily driver.

14N

Since I've had the car, I've been thrashing it about, cos it just begs to be driven like that! You just can't help it. :teeth:

I've been getting 29-32mpg on average, even with the hooning about like a teenager in his first car. Which ain't bad I figured. But tonight, as I set off on the commute home, I thought I'd reset the trip computer and drive home like the aforementioned teenager's grandmother.

And look what my average MPG was when I got home. Who needs a dirty diesel? :lol:

43BBF3A7-3648-401C-816B-B6753ECBBC1A_zpsiuhhwbht.jpg

Thats a MPG I can only dream of! haha.

Exhaust was fitted today (as well as new discs and pads on the rear and new pads on the front cos it needed them really).

But back to the interesting bit, the zorst. OMG it sounds EPIC! Like a group N rally car :lol:

Pretty loud (OK it IS loud), but also very deep sounding. Thy guy I bought it off said it would increase power too. "Hmmm, yeah right" I thought. But I think he was right! Well, the car certainly feels less restricted and the throttle response has definitely been improved.

Here's a pic. I'll try and figure out how to upload a vid. Very happy bunny :)

7DB60A57-FE50-4EF3-8A84-C21716C5670F_zpszw9hgyhx.png

• Like 2

^^ Barely fits in the bumper cut outs. :scare::surrender:

We need video Ian ~ preferably screeching around an Asda's car park or Maccy Ds for authenticity. :lol::D

They are a 'bit big' :lol: They do fit tho. I'll see what I can do. I need to find a krooz first... :)

• 2 months later...

Ok, update. Me and the Cluo (sorry, the Clio and I), have been getting along just fine. It's being used as my daily commuter, a van, a taxi, a shopping cart and a general dogsbody a gopher. But I still treat her well, clean and polish her (occasionally) and all in all, it's a blast.

Until now. She's suddenly become incontinent :(

A0CA85FA-2B36-4EA1-B9E1-68CD33B400C6_zpsidbhsjjd.jpg

Dipped my fingers in the wet patch and gave 'em a sniff (as ya do) ;) - it's not petrol or oil, it's water/coolant. The radiator is further over to the other side, so it ain't that. Further investigation and it looks like the water pump has gone. Bugger.

As Renault, in their infinite wisdom, have squeezed a 2.0l engine into a tiny bay, there ain't a lot of room down there. And if you're gonna change the water pump, you may as well change the cambelt, pulleys (as a kit) and also something called a 'dephaser' pulley.

Most jobs on a car, including the Zed, me and me mate would happily tackle ourselves. But not this one. This one looks a right PITA with the restricted access for starters. Cheapest quote I've had to replace the water pump, cambelt and pulleys is £520. Bugger.

Anyone wanna buy an incontinent Clio?

Edited by 14N

Thanks guys, and thanks for the offer Vlad. I've just booked it in with my lo9cal indy that I trust. With the water pump cream crackered and the fact that it's now leaking, I'm not really able to drive it far.

The water pump itself is relatively cheap, it just that it's quite labour intensive getting down to it, so it makes sense to change the cambelt and dephaser pulley while you're down that far. It's just £500 I'd rather spend elsewhere. But I guess once it's all done, I'll have peace of mind and a healthy daily.

I'm using my Zed at the moment - 2 days of use and it's covered in tree sap, bird poo and I've already caught the underside of the sideskirt on an enthusiastic speed hump :rant:

It was given a lot of consideration, trust me, but the parts alone (cambelt, pulleys, waterpump, dephaser etc) are £300. So for the sake of 6+ hours to do the job (and that's with access to a ramp, which I haven't), I'll take the hit of the extra £200 to let someone else have the nightmare and scuffed knuckles.

But for the sake of a 10 year old car, just change the pump.

They say change all those other parts because of the labour cost but if you're doing it yourself, well it doesn't matter does it.

Just my 2p.

Fair points :thumbs: The cambelt would be due a change soon (within the next 12 months), so it makes sense to change that while we're down there. Replacing the belt with a new one would put strain on the 'old' dephaser and if that goes, I'd be looking at a HUGE bill, so that's getting changed too. It's like a ripple effect - one thing leads to another! :bang:

At least it'll be sorted......

Until the next thing goes (Well, it is French). :surrender:

Yeah, but isn't this just a daily ??

The whole point of a daily is run it until it drops no ??

Sounds like to me you're looking out for this daily too much and it's becoming a number 2.

How long until you get a Fiesta as a daily, use this a 'Track Project' and the Datsun for church bests ??

Just change the pump yourself and leave the rest to chance, they'll probably run for another 50'000 miles anyway.

Sounds like to me you're looking out for this daily too much and it's becoming a number 2.

I think this has happened. I thought a daily was No. 2? And a shed was something you just ran into the ground then got another?

Either way, I'm NOT getting a Fiesta and I'm NOT going to church.

I think this has happened. I thought a daily was No. 2? And a shed was something you just ran into the ground then got another?

Either way, I'm NOT getting a Fiesta and I'm NOT going to church.

Then you WILL be spending near a grand on the Clio then :) .

No, don't tell me that now Stu. Car was finished today. Cambelt kit, waterpump, dephaser pulley, total bill £790 :scare:

I could cry. I'm going to pick it up on Saturday and question labour and cost of parts used. I know hate the Clio and want to kill it with fire. It's mouthwash's fault saying I'll spend nearly a grand.

I rang the local Renault dealer, just so I had a bit of ammunition when I questioned the bill. They want £1100 to do the same job.

Good job I sold my bike yesterday. At least I had some money for 3 days... :(

Thanks mate. I'm in a right sulk at the moment :lol:

So many what ifs and maybe's, but it's done now. The Clio's sorted, it's just kicked me in the wallet.