My Clio 182 daily driver.

14N

When I was a kid at school and I had to tell the class what my dad did for a job and I said car mechanic, none of those 12 year olds cared less until the next kid up told them his dad was an air force pilot or something. Now, I cannot appreciate just how much having a car mechanic in the family makes my life so much more stress free!

Shame to hear this though Ian, you do wonder sometimes how the conversations at these design groups go - "well thats the engine in" "but how on earth do you change anything" "ah not our problem!"

• Like 1

Been doing a bit more digging and with the cost of the dephaser pulley, it doesn't seem too extreme. Still gonna question it tho.

But, whilst browsing the interweb looking for a pic of the engine so I can highlight what a total PITA the whole job is, I stumbled across this...

7893AF8A-5232-4F13-A7E0-92131A7FDB99_zps5ml5g6rx.jpg

Oh. Oh my... :cloud9:

I still hate it though! :lol:

Edited by 14N

OK, so I picked up my Clio on Saturday and reluctantly paid the (mahoosive) bill. :cry:

Started the car and instantly noticed a difference. It sounded much healthier - there was a definite improvement. I think the bearing in the waterpump must of been grumbling for a while before the pump finally gave up, but also, after doing a bit more digging around on Clio Sport forums, the dephaser pulley can get noisy when tired. So changing this was a good shout, even though the local Renauly dealer had to order it as "We've never ever supplied one of those before mate".

I gave the car a wash and polish on Saturday afternoon (after a bit of a thrash around the B roads :drive1: :teeth: ) and needless to say, we're friends again now :thumbs: