Lowering Not Gonna Happen!

Darren350

Hey guys,

I did want to lower my 2004 GT and get spacers fitted, but recently I've found myself rubbing my under carriage (Ooer Missus!) on every bump and hump going!

6 hours into ownership I ripped both exhaust flexis on the Y Pipe to shreds on the inlaws driveway, and my streets in the area have speed bumps every 30 yards. No matter how slow I glide over them I can still manage to scrape the car.

So alas, the lowering isn't gonna happen, but the spacers are still definitely on my list.

Peace out.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

My car is about as low as above, and i dont think i have scraped once over bumps, best way to take them i find is to just go really slow over the ones that are one solid bump for the whole road, or if its a split bump put your drivers wheels in the gap between the bumps and passenger wheels pretty central, obviously again taking it nice and slow.

If it's a split bump, you should always put one side of the car directly over the bump, suspension is designed to go up and down, if you straddle them they push your struts outwards which will ruin your alignment and ultimately start damaging things. It's a cumulative effect.

I think that's what you're saying anyway Pallett, I tend to alternate wheels over the bumps round our way as there's enough room to do so :)

As standard I never scraped over the long slopey ones, but ruined the flexies on the sausage ones. Now I'm lowered 30+mm with a V2 front, I avoid all speedbumps, but prior to the V2 it was fine on long sloped ones.