They Shouldn't Be On The Road (2)

WhackyWill

Rant time!!

So I'm following a car with "baby on board" sign in the rear window. At the lights, there are two infants in back while

the woman passenger and driver are smoking with the windows up.

I rolled my window down and shook my head. He rolled his window down and says

"what wrong mate"!" And my reply "you're really that stupid aren't you?" I still don't think they got it.

They live among us, they breed, and they vote. :scare: :scare:

Edited by WhackyWill
  • Like 12

No doubt I'll generate some hate for saying this, but I don't really understand why children seem to be increasingly seen as more important than adults.

If you have kids you should obviously take care of them (not smoking around them being a good idea), but I don't get why I'm supposed to adjust my driving because someone has their brat in the car. I try not to drive line a moron full stop, so that I don't hurt myself or anyone else. A sticker informing me there's a kid in the car isn't going to change anything. And I've seen some pretty terrible driving by people with those stickers on their cars.

• Like 12

Yesterday leaving work a woman drove up along side me on the dual carriageway. Traffic was slow moving and as I looked over I saw she had a young child in the front seat and she was merrily texting away, spending more time looking at her phone than the road.....tried to get her attention to say what I thought but she was too engaged in the phone.

on a dual carriageway yesterday - I was doing 70(ish), traffic in the outside lane, I moved over to the inside lane, so did the car in front to overtake the slower car (no problem there) - I gradually caught him up, but left a decent space between him and me. When he then pulled into the outside lane again, I carried on and overtook him - as I went past, he gave me the finger and several other derogatory gestures.

Can someone tell me what I did wrong.................'cos I haven't got a clue :shrug:

• Like 1

The way you've explained it sounds like you were undertaking on the inside lane to pass the slower vehicle.

And did the same to the guy who "fingered " you. :wacko:

Maybe thats what pi$$ed him off even though he did it himself

Edit: Baby on board signs and other general clutter hanging from mirrors apparently cause 1 in 20 accidents

http://www.telegraph...-accidents.html

Edited by 350zedd

To me, the outside lane is on the right, mainland Europe seem to think the same way as you.

It's actually not illegal to undertake if the person on the outside lane is not doing the speed limit ;)

EDIT: BTW it's also illegal for them to hog the outside lane. By you undertaking them, who are breaking the law, you're not breaking the law :D

Edited by KyleR
  • Like 2

To me, the outside lane is on the right, mainland Europe seem to think the same way as you.

if I think of it like this the centre of the road is on the inside, the outer edge is on the outside - that would also apply to righty countries

• Like 1

IBTL Will. :lol: I juest. ;)

I made a new friend the other day on the way to work ~ driving along minding my own business and over took a Mercedes convertible at the legal limit on a two lane part of the road. For some reason this annoyed him or impressed him so he decided to sit behind me for 100 metres odd before I turned off flashing his lights continuously. :wacko:

Maybe the exhaust note from my Invidia system whilst in second gear scared him?! :lol:

• Like 4

No doubt I'll generate some hate for saying this, but I don't really understand why children seem to be increasingly seen as more important than adults.

If you have kids you should obviously take care of them (not smoking around them being a good idea), but I don't get why I'm supposed to adjust my driving because someone has their brat in the car. I try not to drive line a moron full stop, so that I don't hurt myself or anyone else. A sticker informing me there's a kid in the car isn't going to change anything. And I've seen some pretty terrible driving by people with those stickers on their cars.

You've not tried a long drive with screaming babies in the car have you? You could look at it another way, you should take care as their attention may not be as focused as normal.

For some reason this annoyed him or impressed him so he decided to sit behind me for 100 metres odd before I turned off flashing his lights continuously. :wacko:

Maybe the exhaust note from my Invidia system whilst in second gear scared him?! :lol:

He was definitely impressed with the Invidia!

I know I would be!

Maybe he was flashing to get a better look at what you had on underneath! :blush:

• Like 1

You've not tried a long drive with screaming babies in the car have you? You could look at it another way, you should take care as their attention may not be as focused as normal.

No I haven't. I can't stand babies and I certainly wouldn't want one in my car! If everyone with those stickers drove like a saint it would be a different matter, but they don't. The number of morons who use mobiles while driving means that the best strategy is to treat every other driver with a healthy dose of care and attention, sticker or not. (I also see that a poll of 2000 drivers found that 46% displayed the notice irrespective of whether or not there was actually a child in the car, which immediately renders one of their supposed purposes - to alert the emergency services to the child's presence in the event of an accident- completely pointless).

Edited by sipar69
  • Like 3

if I think of it like this the centre of the road is on the inside, the outer edge is on the outside - that would also apply to righty countries

I see the way you think, however, in my mind, you go out and around someone to overtake, therefore making the "fast" lane the outside one. But to each there own :)

• Like 1

This guy really get's on my nerves!! :rant:

A young (20 something) local guy near where I live purchased a 2009 black Mercedes 180C Kompressor last year sometime. One Sunday me & my Mrs where off out in my then car, a Civic Type R when this guy comes roaring up behind me in a 30mph zone (I was doing 30-35ish). He tail gates us for a second then goes for a dangerous overtake up a hill on an almost blind bend. Me and the Mrs comment to each other ~ basically what a wa**er but I do nothing. No beeping the horn or flashing the lights etc as tbh I hate that sort of thing anyway so wouldn't want to be a hypocrite.

Anyway tonight I'm on my way home in the Zed after dropping my Mrs off at her parents ~ there is a long hill going up towards where I live so I'm cruising up it in the Zed which is just eating up the road in front of it no problem when I spot in my rear view mirror a set of lights from a car trying to catch up around the tight bends. When the hill finally levels out I'm cruising along at just above the posted limit when this prat come's racing up behind me & sits on my rear bumper ~ guess who? it's the same idiot in his Merc with his gormless mate along for the ride. :angry:

Tbh I felt like stopping my car and getting out to tell him to f**k off tailgating me as I'm not going to race him around a built up area in his sh**ty 140 something bhp Merc. :lol: Really hoping I see this pr*ck crashed in a ditch one day so I can just laugh & point at him. Rant over. :p

• Like 5

Get this all the time in Town in a Zed, maybe its because they don't know what it is

so they want to get up close and personal to read "Z" badge..! :rant:

Would love to meet him at a track day to show him what the Zed's capable of in comparison to his Merc which he rags around built up areas thinking he's Nico Rosberg or something. :dry::lol:

• Like 1

Get this all the time in Town in a Zed, maybe its because they don't know what it is

so they want to get up close and personal to read "Z" badge..! :rant:

Would love to meet him at a track day to show him what the Zed's capable of in comparison to his Merc which he rags around built up areas thinking he's Nico Rosberg or something. :dry::lol:

Just do a standing 500 mtrs and he will get the message.. :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

Ok, at the risk of sounding like a nob; I smoke. I have two kids, but I do not smoke around them. I do smoke in my car from time to time, but they don't go in my car (I have a tank for the family). I personally do not want them to be forced to sit in a smelly car, because I cannot break a habit / addiction.

As for driving like a t**t, I'm sure we all do it from time to time. Not saying that I do regularly, but I have been known to have a bit of fun on the twisties.

Again, I do not do this with the kids in the car!

The people that either can't drive, or just have no respect for the car, other users or their passengers don't deserve the privilege of owning a license. It is just that. A privilege.

This is just an observation but are motorists saving electricity...?

On my way home this evening through a monsoon in town I encountered the following:

4 cars with NO headlights (at least)

8 to 10 cars with ONE headlight...This seems to be the latest trend.

A dozen or so cars driving in the pi55ing down rain on side lights.

2 "overseas" cars driving with headlights pointing straight at you, as they could

not be bothered to adjust them from L/H to R/H throw. :angry: :rant:

Edited by WhackyWill
  • Like 1