They Shouldn't Be On The Road (2)

WhackyWill

Fog lights! Should be used ONLY when it's foggy!! :rant:

Fog is a collection of liquid water droplets or ice crystals suspended in the air at or near the Earth's surface. While fog is a type of stratus cloud, the term "fog" is typically distinguished from the more generic term "cloud" in that fog is low-lying, and the moisture in the fog is often generated locally (such as from a nearby body of water, like a lake or the ocean, or from nearby moist ground or marshes).

Fog is distinguished from mist only by its density, as expressed in the resulting decrease in visibility: Fog reduces visibility to less than 1 km

1-3184-foggy-road-to-clingmans-dome.jpg

^^ This is what a Foggy road looks like. :rtfm:

Not to be confused with sun shine, night time, snow, rain, hail or gale ~ they are F'ing FOG lights people!!. :rant:

Feel better now. :lol:

• Like 1

Current bugbear: people who constantly dab their brakes, despite being on a straight road like the A1 and with plenty of room in front of them. Its like they *must* maintain that 200M distance to the car in front, no more, no less.

When it's dark its like being constantly flashed. I try to stay calm but do sometimes end up screaming 'Take your foot of the ***** brake pedal you *****!'

• Like 1

Current bugbear: people who constantly dab their brakes, despite being on a straight road like the A1 and with plenty of room in front of them. Its like they *must* maintain that 200M distance to the car in front, no more, no less.

When it's dark its like being constantly flashed. I try to stay calm but do sometimes end up screaming 'Take your foot of the ***** brake pedal you *****!'

Totally agree, it annoys the sh*T out of me as well, followed a Merc down the M1 recently every time it came to a bridge which said

speed camera it stood on the brakes down to 60 in the fast lane then would speed up to again wouldn't go a mile over

70 without braking.

Or car going down a hill brake, speed up, brake, sped up..!! :rant: :rant:

Surely there can be no worse twonks currently on our roads than those who use mobile phones while driving. I've got so used to seeing it now I almost don't notice it.

Stopped in traffic, texting away, don't notice the lights have changed etc etc. I'm the last person to do the old "women drivers" rubbish, but I do seem to see a lot of fairly young women doing this.

What can be so important to communicate to their mates that they can't wait until they get to where they're going? :rant:

Another pet hate...

Driving along the M27 home from work, and was obviously an accident of some kind a few miles a head, traffic was starting to build up,

Now it's night time, so those over head signs which say - Strong Winds, Don't drink and drive etc show up really well, you can see them a good half a mile off..

I could see it from a distance that the inside/outside/fast lane *which ever you call it* had been closed off, so only 2 lanes available.

with that in mind I merged into the middle lane, you get the odd few who will also do the same, but then you get the Merc/Audi/BMW drivers (There are others but these the once I notice) who decide to just flaw it as they have a open road now, to get as close to the lane closure as possible before stopping to a halt, to cut into the middle lane. Thus causing a sh!t load more traffic!!!!

The other thing that annoys me in that situation is you have about 200m space behind me, and a cars length in front of me, so what does Mr over takey do?

Speeds up and cuts me up instead of going in behind me with the HUGE ASS GAP!!!!

• Like 1

Another pet hate...

Driving along the M27 home from work, and was obviously an accident of some kind a few miles a head, traffic was starting to build up,

Now it's night time, so those over head signs which say - Strong Winds, Don't drink and drive etc show up really well, you can see them a good half a mile off..

I could see it from a distance that the inside/outside/fast lane *which ever you call it* had been closed off, so only 2 lanes available.

with that in mind I merged into the middle lane, you get the odd few who will also do the same, but then you get the Merc/Audi/BMW drivers (There are others but these the once I notice) who decide to just flaw it as they have a open road now, to get as close to the lane closure as possible before stopping to a halt, to cut into the middle lane. Thus causing a sh!t load more traffic!!!!

The other thing that annoys me in that situation is you have about 200m space behind me, and a cars length in front of me, so what does Mr over takey do?

Speeds up and cuts me up instead of going in behind me with the HUGE ASS GAP!!!!

But he's just jumped ahead by one whole car... duh! :lol:

:starwars:

Another pet hate...

To then cut across another lane, to then leave the junction :lol::angry:

Fog lights! Should be used ONLY when it's foggy!! :rant:

Fog is a collection of liquid water droplets or ice crystals suspended in the air at or near the Earth's surface.While fog is a type of stratus cloud, the term "fog" is typically distinguished from the more generic term "cloud" in that fog is low-lying, and the moisture in the fog is often generated locally (such as from a nearby body of water, like a lake or the ocean, or from nearby moist ground or marshes).

Fog is distinguished from mist only by its density, as expressed in the resulting decrease in visibility: Fog reduces visibility to less than 1 km

1-3184-foggy-road-to-clingmans-dome.jpg

^^ This is what a Foggy road looks like. :rtfm:

Not to be confused with sun shine, night time, snow, rain, hail or gale ~ they are F'ing FOG lights people!!. :rant:

Feel better now. :lol:

To be fair, it was raining so hard the other day going down the M23 that I could barely see the lights of the car infront of me from a safe distance.. Those who decided to turn their foglights on I could see perfectly.

Another pet hate...

To then cut across another lane, to then leave the junction :lol::angry:

Well yeah! Needs to stay in the German car lane for as long as possible, can't move into the inferior car lane for too long. He might get infected with "moral standards" or "poorness" :lol:

• Like 4

To be fair, it was raining so hard the other day going down the M23 that I could barely see the lights of the car infront of me from a safe distance.. Those who decided to turn their foglights on I could see perfectly.

See that's fair enough mouthwash ~ in fact I had the same thing the other day driving down the M4. The spray was so bad that visibility was greatly reduced and it was a lot easier to see those in front who had their fog lights on.

The thing that pi**es me off though is the people using their front fog lights. Seems to be so many people that do this nowadays and it's never in fog. :angry::dry:

• Like 1

This is definately my favourite thread since 'welcome back wackywill and dblock' - a true classic... Before I get to my point, I would be more than happy if anyone feels the need to notify me when another hissy fit kicks off as I always seem to miss them..

Back on topic - I was pulling into the middle box thing of a dual carriageway where you sit and wait to pull Into the lane of traffic going in the direction you want... Normally right! I was driving my gfs yellow mini with her in it at the time. Happily pulled into the box waiting to turn right and join the dual carriageway, then some absolute nobjockey in an old ass cls63 amg.... A burgundy one at that! Decides to pull next to me in the middle of a dual carriageway box.. Designed for one car to turn right and another car to also turn right in the opposite direction.... But nooooo, this chopper decides to sit in their area preventing anyone coming off the dual carriageway. Then it gets worse, as there is a break in the traffic I decide to 'enter the road' which I did, but aforementioned nobjockey decides to floor it a cut me up pulling on. As you can imagine I was extatic. By far the most furious I have ever been with a driver.

• Like 2

Old people should not have a license :lol:

Okay maybe a bit harsh, but 99% of them have no awareness of there surroundings.

Happened a few weeks ago - driving along a 2 lane road (4 lanes if you include the other side)

I'm on the side closest to the pavement

Coming up to a roundabout, and just before the roundabout was a junction to my left - one way road for cars to come out from.

Anyway I decided to let a car out as he had probably been sat there a while.

In doing this, he pulls out and cuts straight into the other lane next to me with out looking, causing a Focus to slam on his breaks and lock up, was a very near miss.

The old person was oblivious to this, and instantly pulled out onto the roundabout without looking AGAIN. This time caused another 2 cars to swerve and lock up, some tyre smoke as well.

THE OLD PERSON WAS STILL OBLIVIOUS! - everyone of those drivers was very angry, also partly at me for laughing :lol:

They do p!ss me off though, their just another hazard on the road!

Old people should not have a license :lol:

Okay maybe a bit harsh, but 99% of them have no awareness of there surroundings.

Happened a few weeks ago - driving along a 2 lane road (4 lanes if you include the other side)

I'm on the side closest to the pavement

Coming up to a roundabout, and just before the roundabout was a junction to my left - one way road for cars to come out from.

Anyway I decided to let a car out as he had probably been sat there a while.

In doing this, he pulls out and cuts straight into the other lane next to me with out looking, causing a Focus to slam on his breaks and lock up, was a very near miss.

The old person was oblivious to this, and instantly pulled out onto the roundabout without looking AGAIN. This time caused another 2 cars to swerve and lock up, some tyre smoke as well.

THE OLD PERSON WAS STILL OBLIVIOUS! - everyone of those drivers was very angry, also partly at me for laughing :lol:

They do p!ss me off though, their just another hazard on the road!

Don't know what you mean?... :shrug:

article-1172905-049D8B8F000005DC-84_634x331.jpg

:lol:;)

• Like 1

This has just happened, was coming out of Tesco, I stopped at the exit as it's onto a main road.. Ahole behind me didn't and ran into the side of me..!!! Then said YOU STOPPED. Yes it's a main road with a BIG stop sign..!!

2aja2y8u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pics or it didn't happen!!!! Oh wait ;)

Sorry to hear that bud, is he doing anything about it? or did he just P!ss off?

Now Now..don't start this pic business..!!! :scare:

No he was an old boy in a 30 year old shed, with a disabled wife, he was very apologetic and asked me "why I stopped"

but he still an ahole, but nor one I got too upset with. So told him not to bother about it I would get it fixed :blush:

No he was an old boy in a 30 year old shed, with a disabled wife, he was very apologetic and asked me "why I stopped"

but he still an ahole, but nor one I got too upset with. So told him not to bother about it I would get it fixed :blush:

Ah there the tricky ones, would of done the same in your shoes. Edited by grundy225

Gutted for you Will. :(

Hopefully most of it will polish out ~ hard to tell from the pic though.

Some of it should polish out but it has gone through the paint in places.

If it stops raining long enough for me to get the T Cut out I'll give it a go. :thumbs:

Excuse for new purchase? :p

Ah there the tricky ones, would of done the same in your shoes.

Also it was pi55ing down and I couldn't be bothered standing there getting wet exchanging details..!!

I only went to Tesco to buy Autosport and they didn't HAVE IT IN YET..!!! :scare: :scare:

Ah there the tricky ones, would of done the same in your shoes.

Also it was pi55ing down and I couldn't be bothered standing there getting wet exchanging details..!!

I only went to Tesco to buy Autosport and they didn't HAVE IT IN YET..!!! :scare: :scare:

Get a subscription, will save you the bother of dramas like this :lol:

• Like 1

Gutted for you Will. :(

Hopefully most of it will polish out ~ hard to tell from the pic though.

Some of it should polish out but it has gone through the paint in places.

If it stops raining long enough for me to get the T Cut out I'll give it a go. :thumbs:

I got rid of my 15 year old bottle of T-Cut after I was informed how bad it can be on paint. I now use this Megs stuff which is nowhere near as hard on paint but still seems to work pretty well; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MEGUIARS-SCRATCH-X-2-0-SCRATCH-SCUFF-REMOVER-/171105113545?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item27d6a8d5c9

Maybe one of those mobile scratch/dent companies can sort it out for you for not too much money otherwise hopefully Will. ;)

• Like 1