What would you do... Performance / Looks

Broomers-ZED

Hay chaps. Basically been thinking weather I want to head down the performance road with mods or go down the stance road... Love the idea of a Stanced Fat 350, but that will have a affect of the performance. But I do love the power aswell.

What would you all do? So far I have

Performance wise:

•Pippercross panel filter

•de cats

•Cat back milltek

And that is it.

For the looks is all I have done is

•deleted wiperblade

•full window tints

Love the performance side, but I have came from the VAG scean, and also a right sucker for lowering and fat ally's with stretched tyres (whitch is we're the performance starts to affect it)

Cheers boys & Girls.

For me, budget doesnt stretch far enough to look into "real" power mods, i dont class 20bhp as a good mod when it costs £2000+, for that i expect alot more.

Looks is what i prefer, so id have a bodykit there on the list. If i had just bought the car today and had no intention of a possibility of selling in near future, id go nismo v2 front, tarmac sports side skirts, chargespeed rear with the black centre, chargespeed spoiler, stillen top boot spoiler and tinted windows. Wrapped or sprayed in a nice different colour, probably ferrari red or audi RS blue. Engine wise, K&N cold air intake and invidia exhaust i already have, so probably some invidia de-cat pipes, plenum spacer and remap is about as high as performance goes, Little mods would be 20mm and 25mm spacers, tyre paint, blue engine bay and a few interior bits like the boot divider one of the members make. That itself is probably a total of £3-4k. so... Pretty much a whole car budget.

• Like 1

looks like the only breather mod you haven't got is the plenum spacer. S once you buy and fit that you're pretty much done with power mods unless you want to get into serious money like supercharging and forged internals.

You could stance it for pretty cheap compared to uber power mods. Couple grand for bags plus whatever wheels you want. They could cost a grand for some Rota's or £3k for some Volks, up to you. Whereas a S/C kit will cost over £3k plus other supporting mods, fitting, tuning etc, there's probably £7k right there and you can add another £5k to that if you want forged internals.

I think there is a happy medium, which is what I'm going for. Max out the breather mods, make it look good but not silly VAG stanced, and update all the suspension and possibly brakes to make it feel good. So it'll look good, go good and feel good.

• Like 1

As said in the past, I'm old school so its brakes first, then suspension then power, and inbetween as and when I'll put in other bits and bobs...

I'v been known for panels to have gaffa tape on them and I still get slagged for finding bits of German gravel trap in the car... Dont get me wrong, I like the Z to look good but its not often it gets tlc in the looks department... Must do better...

Right now the car is up on sleepers till we finish the brakes then its MOT time, so yea, brakes thats what I would do...

Sorry for the late reply guys.

Loving all the advice here, I think is what I will do is get the remanding bolt on part like the a Plenum & Vorlocity Stack and thn get the UpRev, and tht is about as far as you can go untill you talk silly money :)

Yea il concentrate on the looks thn after the last bit of performance has been done, gunna ring up Abby today and see what they can do for me... After that il crack on with all the looks wise moods by getting her on some new ally's & coilovers.

Thanks one again tho. Loved all the advice :)

Looks here also...

My zed is a hobby car really not a daily runner also I enjoy working on it myself and considering I don't drive it much at all I just wouldn't at the moment spend a lot of money on Bhp increase when I actually want to enhance the look which I am doing now.

That said once I am happy with the look externally I will be looking at other things like exhaust but that's mainly for sound for me rather than performance :)

Hi Broomer, you are never going to get big numbers from the Zed unless you put some serious money into the engine imo.

If I was you I'd get a Plenum spacer and have the Zed remapped to suit all your current mods. Should see a bit of an increase in performance definitely then.

Then spend the rest of your cash making it look like you want so your happy with it over all. :thumbs:

• Like 1

performance for me. The only looks mods i have is a stubby aerial and a set of rotas but have four hundred odd bhp to surprise a few folk :lol: . to be honest though its an expensive game, ive spent over 11 grand on mods in the last year and im still nowhere near finished. think i have a serious problem :lol:

• Like 2

performance for me. The only looks mods i have is a stubby aerial and a set of rotas but have four hundred odd bhp to surprise a few folk :lol: . to be honest though its an expensive game, ive spent over 11 grand on mods in the last year and im still nowhere near finished. think i have a serious problem :lol:

No messing around, like a boss.

• Like 1

Hi Broomer, you are never going to get big numbers from the Zed unless you put some serious money into the engine imo.

If I was you I'd get a Plenum spacer and have the Zed remapped to suit all your current mods. Should see a bit of an increase in performance definitely then.

Then spend the rest of your cash making it look like you want so your happy with it over all. :thumbs:

Yes il do that then mate, il get a Plenum & Vorloitcy stack mod thing then a UpRev, I think then that will make me happy with my performance Il have...

I would love to have say a SC bolted on, or even Twin Snails. ;) but I don't think I can justify all that ATM. Hmm. And plus 70mph is the fasted we can drive on are roads hahaha :p

• Like 1

Yea mate :)

I would like the 3SDM wheels to 0.05 ones :p

If I had the cash for air, I'd get air and 19" 0.05 3SDMs in a flash!

(Also ex Vag owner).

nii

Niice. Yea I like your thinking, I have now set my mind on the Satin Black 0.01 3SDM ones now mate. But not to shore weather to stick with 18s, or go fat and go 19s? Hmm help ahah

(Also ex Vag owner).

nii

Niice. Yea I like your thinking, I have now set my mind on the Satin Black 0.01 3SDM ones now mate. But not to shore weather to stick with 18s, or go fat and go 19s? Hmm help ahah

Are you planning on lowering it Phil?

If it was me I'd stick with 18's especially if you are going to lower it eventually as they fill the arches nice enough then plus tyre's will be slightly cheaper.

Plenty of people do go for 19's though so it's just personal preference I think. ;)

(Also ex Vag owner).

nii

Are you planning on lowering it Phil?

If it was me I'd stick with 18's especially if you are going to lower it eventually as they fill the arches nice enough then plus tyre's will be slightly cheaper.

Plenty of people do go for 19's though so it's just personal preference I think. ;)

Yes mate. Lowering is on the to do list ;)

I had 9.5J BMW X5 rims on my golf. They were 19s, and they sure was fat. I loved it tbf. So yea il

Just have to keep thinking weather I go 18s or 19s. :)