Problems with keyboard noticing the letters you've typed?

Hi, I've noticed over the past couple of weeks when typing answers to questions or replying to articles that are for sale that a lot of letters on the keys that I press are not recognised and I'm having to go over what I've typed already. Its not a problem with my keyboard needing a clean as it only happens on this particular website. If i've finished writing a sentence and happen to look up at the screen its full of wriggly red lines where letters and punctuation are missing. Anyone else suffering this?

Im having the same issue, it only happens sometimes and only ever recognise it on this forum

I presumed it was down to dirty keyboard and was needing cleaned, but now youve mentioned it i do only recognise it here

Edited by ddcboyle

Can't say I've had that issue. The only issue I have is whenever I write certain words it tries to replace them with the American version like tire instead of tyre, and color instead of colour. :rant:

That will be autocorrect on your browser. Not the forum.

I'm having this issue too also still can't quote and reply and when I try to link to an image the page simply freezes.

I have the same issues. :rant:

If you want to quote people try > right click & open. That works for me.

Taken me like 10 mins just to type that!! :angry:

As said above.

Much of these issues are Internet Explorer specific.

Microsoft are a pain in the ass and constantly updating and adapting IE (and generally making it worse).

The people who design the forum software (not the Admin here) are in a constant battle to keep up with Microsoft and keep their software compatible.

Chrome and Firefox are generally much more forgiving and they don't constantly move the goalposts, and as such the forum (generally) runs really well on them.

In short, don't complain to Admin complain to Mr Gates ;)

I'm having this issue too also still can't quote and reply and when I try to link to an image the page simply freezes.

I have the same issues. :rant:

If you want to quote people try > right click & open. That works for me.

Taken me like 10 mins just to type that!! :angry:

Yeah, this works for me okay. First time I`ve been ale t quote n weeks. Just need to sort the missing leters/spac now.

As said above.

Microsoft are a pain in the ass and constantly updating and adapting IE (and generally making it worse).

The people who design the forum software (not the Admin here) are in a constant battle to keep up with Microsoft and keep their software compatible.

Chrome and Firefox are generally much more forgiving and they don't constantly move the goalposts, and as such the forum (generally) runs really well on them.

Ohh - look Chrome - can quote ;)

In all fairness Al that is a bit of a 'computer says no' response to an issue that members are having. I know the forum is free and admin give their time for free but I would bet anyone using a new-ish PC who is not particularly tech minded will be using a new version of IE I do think it needs addressed sooner rather than later :)

As said above.

In all fairness Al that is a bit of a 'computer says no' response to an issue that members are having. I know the forum is free and admin give their time for free but I would bet anyone using a new-ish PC who is not particularly tech minded will be using a new version of IE I do think it needs addressed sooner rather than later :)

The staff are looking into it.

But we can't exactly tell the software providers how to do their job. We have to wait for their fixes after we report issues.

As said above.

The staff are looking into it.

But we can't exactly tell the software providers how to do their job. We have to wait for their fixes after we report issues.

Fair play - see I am not tech savvy enough to know the processes involved :lol: