Honeymoon Euro Trip :)

AK350Z

Well, that's most of the trip sorted out. The Lady has happily agreed to the driving bit as long as there's no silly length days in the car, so we're trying to keep stints down to 3hrs or so, and have decent stops in fewer locations than you would on a total driving holiday. We're going mid July, for just over three weeks. :D

The itinerary is as follows:

Cumbria > Oxford area

Oxford > Portsmouth> Overnight ferry to Le Havre

Le Havre > Paris

Paris > Dijon area

Dijon > Feisch (Switzerland)

Fiesch > Lenno, Como.

Lenno > Grindelwald (Eiger!) +One night in the Monchjoch Hut at 10,000ft!

Grindelwald > Baden-Baden

Baden-Baden > Cologne (And 'ring visit hopefully)

Cologne > Ijmuiden

Ijmuiden > Overnight Ferry > Newcastle

Newcastle > Home!

I'm looking for a recommendation for a nice overnight stop in the Dijon area, if anyone has any particular choices.

I know, I'm a lucky man. Fran made me pies the other day too, what more can you reasonably ask for eh? ;)

Hopefully the Zed can come through it all scratch free, but I'm mentally preparing myself to not let any knocks spoil the trip! We're staying just outside the Paris peripherique, on the Versailles side. Think I might be driving to that hotel outside rush hour!

We hit Dijon on the way down to Barca for the new year road trip, cool place. Didn't see many honeymoon hotels, the mercure looked ok from across the road, but not exactly romantic. However, there's a bar in the gringo central bit called Mac Callaghan, it's on Rue Bannelier I think, they give you free oysters when you have a few drinks (perfect for honeymoon) we also got a free pint for drinking more than the locals, we didn't even know there was a contest on :lol:

Have fun on the trip, sounds ace.