MOT fail!!!

Zimjason

I had the same problem with the Berks, cats were proper hot before I got there and it went straight onto the emissions test. No chance, was miles out! I only got them in the first place as I thought it'd pass the MOT.

eBay silenced decats going on this month instead!

• Like 1

I had the same problem with the Berks, cats were proper hot before I got there and it went straight onto the emissions test. No chance, was miles out! I only got them in the first place as I thought it'd pass the MOT.

eBay silenced decats going on this month instead!

Nice mine are berks I wonder if they have just failed then might just have to bite the bullet and by some new ones but I love the sound of the car ATM don't want to change anything :(

Bit of a pain the Berks HFCs. Mine failed and supposably they were done when really hot... Surprisingly though passed the next morning, friendly tester is what you need.

Edited by Humpy
  • Like 1

Basically the way I look at them is that they are only useful if you are pulled over by the cops.They don't seem to pass MOT's very well and you need to find a 'friendly' place....so if your doing that you might as well get decats.

Basically the way I look at them is that they are only useful if you are pulled over by the cops.They don't seem to pass MOT's very well and you need to find a 'friendly' place....so if your doing that you might as well get decats.

The Police (or VOSA actually) wont do anything other than give you a rectification notice anyway, you may as well run full decats IMO.

• Like 1

As others have said its all down to how "friendly" the tester is. My mates got a scooby running a full straight through system and pushing out something like 700bhp with race fuel. From what he was saying when we last talked about MOT`s, the place he uses just sticks the emissions wand thing in the exhaust of whatever other car happens to be sitting in the workshop at that moment in time. Of course, if your a stranger then the MOT man risks you being from DVLA and can take away his MOT license there & then.

Ive had similar problems with MOT`ing my motorbikes. Some places query the fact ive no headlamps, no indicators and a race exhaust system on it. Others happily pass it with a daylight MOT.