Just another Scam..!

WhackyWill

Blocky, does it not ever occur to you why so many people challenge/argue/disagree with you on such a regular basis? Even ioneabee, it would seem, has had enough now which is saying something as he is one of the most polite and mild mannered people you could wish to meet. You, of course, might be too (I don't know because I haven't met you) but that certainly isn't the way you present yourself on here, sadly all too frequently.

I know if I was part of the clique and sucked up yes I would be "liked" more. But my opinion differs from others I see that as no bad thing. I don't use bad language, threats or insults to get my point across. So I personally don't see the problem other than my views don't "fit" with what people want.

Can you honestly tell me wills posts/threads arent allways about foreigners being a certain way. Post what you like on a public forum but then don't moan if your called on your rubbish IMO.

Also I am actually helpful on the forum when people have problems with their car. There is only a handful of us like that tbh.

not even in your fist letter

Is that some sort of threat? A fist letter? Like a knuckle sandwich?

lol

Not funny Neil he said pm stood for punching message :lol:

ROFL !

You were quick I'll give you that! I had to reread to catch the joke

lol

ROFL !

Don't have much time so I've got to be quick I think glrnet wants to ban me :lol:

Blocky, does it not ever occur to you why so many people challenge/argue/disagree with you on such a regular basis? Even ioneabee, it would seem, has had enough now which is saying something as he is one of the most polite and mild mannered people you could wish to meet. You, of course, might be too (I don't know because I haven't met you) but that certainly isn't the way you present yourself on here, sadly all too frequently.

I know if I was part of the clique and sucked up yes I would be "liked" more. But my opinion differs from others I see that as no bad thing. I don't use bad language, threats or insults to get my point across. So I personally don't see the problem other than my views don't "fit" with what people want.

Can you honestly tell me wills posts/threads arent allways about foreigners being a certain way. Post what you like on a public forum but then don't moan if your called on your rubbish IMO.

Also I am actually helpful on the forum when people have problems with their car. There is only a handful of us like that tbh.

Nobody is disagreeing that differing opinions aren't good things, it's nothing to do with your views either. And if you think we actually worry about whose views fit and whose don't you are sadly mistaken.

As Mike said, if you don't like it ignore it.

You actually are helpful, as are many others.

lol

ROFL !

Don't have much time so I've got to be quick I think glrnet wants to ban me :lol:

As you would say :yawn:

lol

ROFL !

Bit of fun hence the little laugh face. :-)

Also I would never use that yawn smile. I'd say cool story bro or put a sarcastic meme up :lol: I feel like you don't even know me sometimes :lol:

Edited by Dblock

lol

ROFL !

Also I would never use that yawn smile. I'd say cool story bro or put a sarcastic meme up :lol: I feel like you don't even know me sometimes :lol:

Not sure if calling me a liar on an open forum is a bit of fun, but each to their own...whatever3.gifwhatever3.gifwhatever3.gif

lol

ROFL !

Not sure if calling me a liar on an open forum is a bit of fun, but each to their own...whatever3.gifwhatever3.gifwhatever3.gif

You see, I never resort to name calling, swearing or insults as above. Yet I'm the bad one :lol:

so what do you reckon they've installed - laptops on its way over to my place as I type

Probably and hopefully nothing. What I understand is that to prove there is a problem they ask you to open the control panel, open the administration applet then the event viewer. This shows all the errors and believe me there'll be hundreds of them even on a healthy computer. They then offer to clear this mess up for you with some completely useless anti-virus program...not as bad as ransomware its more like scareware really but its a scam, originates from India.

Pete

Edited by JetSet
  • Like 1

Interesting that some people simply accept the idea that Microsoft have agents proactively monitoring all windows machines across the globe (the numbers must be huge), ready to alert them to slow running/malware/any other dreamed up negative impact. It seems like an obvious scam, but not simply because I'm relatively interested in tech compared to some, just simply because I wouldn't generally accept at face value any kind of unsolicited advice, be it, web, phone or a knock at the door.

I'd be very intrigued to know the success rate of something like this from the caller's point of view, even more so to know what percent of victims never even know they've been scammed.

• Like 1

Interesting that some people simply accept the idea that Microsoft have agents proactively monitoring all windows machines across the globe (the numbers must be huge), ready to alert them to slow running/malware/any other dreamed up negative impact. It seems like an obvious scam, but not simply because I'm relatively interested in tech compared to some, just simply because I wouldn't generally accept at face value any kind of unsolicited advice, be it, web, phone or a knock at the door.

I'd be very intrigued to know the success rate of something like this from the caller's point of view, even more so to know what percent of victims never even know they've been scammed.

I would say about 25%, its not only the initial money they take off you,

its the amount they scam off your credit card when you give them the details... :rant: :rant:

its the amount they scam off your credit card when you give them the details... :rant: :rant:

That seems a tad high. Selling financial products with "warm" leads did well to hit 25% sales when I worked there, and that's targeting people who are actively seeking the products you're peddling and expecting a call, not a cold call.

• Like 1

That seems a tad high. Selling financial products with "warm" leads did well to hit 25% sales when I worked there, and that's targeting people who are actively seeking the products you're peddling and expecting a call, not a cold call.

Probably right Stu, even if they get 5 to 10% hit rate they are not doing bad. :angry:

Unless they got the scamed person to install some software such as team viewer, logme in etc how do they take control of the computer, opening and closing stuff?

Anyone?

You can allow anybody to access your PC by going into Remote Access programme and ticking the box "Allow Remote Access"

and your computer is now under the control of the person you allowed to access your computer.

To allow someone to connect to your computer using Remote Desktop Connection

1. Open System by clicking the Start button 4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818.jpg, right-clicking Computer, and then clicking Properties.

2. In the left pane, click Remote settings. 18abb370-ac1e-4b6b-b663-e028a75bf05b_48.jpg If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

3. Under Remote Desktop, select one of the options to allow connections. For more information about these options, see What types of Remote Desktop connections should I allow

5. FRIGHTENING ISN'T IT..SO SIMPLE..(I have not put up all this post for obvious reasons..!) :scare: :scare: :scare: