Soon to be 350Z owner

Hi guys,

Should be picking up a 350Z tomorrow, hopefully.

Bit about me?

I'm 21, work as an Electrical Engineer, studying a FdSc in Electrical & Electronic Engineering on day leave.

Live down in Cornwall!

Hobby used to be boxing, but cars, girlfriend and college took over (in that order).

Going to be swapping from a 1990 MR2 Turbo to the 350Z, (insurance only £60 more) I have 5 years no claims too. Once i went Jap, i didn't go back.

Previous cars:

1997 Peugeot 106, 1.1L (BHP?)

1995 Peugeot 205, 1.8L Diesel (59 BHP?)

1997 Toyota Celica GT, 2.0L (167BHP)

1995 Mitsubishi FTO (TipTronic), 2.0L (170BHP)

1990 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2.0L (220BHP)

So yeah, I've accumulated my no claims and been slowly working my way up the power ladder. Now the MR2 is a really nice car and should be easy to tune to 300BHP before hitting serious £££, but it feels its ages, all 23 years of them (older than me). I was going to have it as a project car to tune up etc, converted it to run on the Celica GT4 ST205 EFI system and ECU, to give allegedly up to 255BHP. Other than that mostly just small things. Then I was sitting there with coursework pouring out my ears, and other orifices, and decided that maybe I should get something reliable and already tuned, 350Z popped into my head, and never left since.

So courtesy of finance, i shall be getting the 350Z.

Edited by Danohosko

Cheers all for the welcome, apparently im not allowed to like them all haha.

Bit of advice, the Z im looking at today is 05 plate, 54k, fsh and 12months mot.

Trade price is about 5.2k and retail is 7.2k i think. He wants 8k for it, what you reckon i should be offering like 6.5k?

Cheers

Dan

Cheers all for the welcome, apparently im not allowed to like them all haha.

Bit of advice, the Z im looking at today is 05 plate, 54k, fsh and 12months mot.

Trade price is about 5.2k and retail is 7.2k i think. He wants 8k for it, what you reckon i should be offering like 6.5k?

Cheers

Dan

If you get it for £6.5K I'll be surprised tbh but it never hurts to start with a low offer and then barter up till you reach something you're both happy with.

I would have thought cheapest you may get it is around £7-7.5K but still doesn't sound like a bad buy for a good condition FSH Zed of that year & those miles. :thumbs:

Awesome car :) not really found any problems at all yet, couple stone chips in paint is all. Windows steam up easy but seems to be a characteristic from what ive read.

Also the ESP button, found stuff about TCS and VDC but ESP not so much, basically its the same as VDC which is better than TCS?

Dan