New lense for christmas

Spatt

Good snaps. I have a Canon 500d and generally just a 28mm lens.

I'm still in the 'all the gear, no idea' stage at the moment, but have a photography day to attend at some point when the weather improves. I understand the principles, just need to get it and practice!

Yeah just keep shooting. . My gf hammers bird photos but you really need the 20k lense that doogy posted.

I just set my camera to av (apature priority) I know its cheating but the camera works out the exposure and adjusts the shutter for me... all these thats I took I stepped the exposure down two stops. If you dont have a tripod I'd get one.. you wouldnt believe the awesome shots you can get even when its dark.

..waiting for someone to post that 'motul'graphic silver 350 that looks awesome now haha

• Like 1

yeah i've looked at them, if you have a Gopro i would recommend a light duty "fly cam" or "steady cam" from amazon, the results can be fantastic.

i need a slightly more heavy duty one to support the weight of my dslr. it uses like a counter balance technology.

i have the 'Drift' action camera it shoots 1080p hd but not the same league as the Go Pro. i actually lost a drift when out with my brother... we had it on the back of my car and he was following on his bike and when we stopped.. gone!

oops.

hoping to get some good driving footage when i go to Japfest in May... unfortunately its only round the corner from where everyone is meeting.

Cracking shots there and this makes me want to get some new lenses at some stage for my camera.

Makes me want to get a new camera

Higher grade lenses would be a better purchase first I'd say. A friend has a lower spec'd camera than mine but when paired up with his ridiculous lens he gets fabulous photographs.

yeah i've looked at them, if you have a Gopro i would recommend a light duty "fly cam" or "steady cam" from amazon, the results can be fantastic. i need a slightly more heavy duty one to support the weight of my dslr. it uses like a counter balance technology.

i have the 'Drift' action camera it shoots 1080p hd but not the same league as the Go Pro. i actually lost a drift when out with my brother... we had it on the back of my car and he was following on his bike and when we stopped.. gone!

oops.

I don't know much about the steady-cam's , will go and have a goosey at them now see how much they are. Could be a good little purchase for when I start using the camera more often.

I know what you mean about 'loosing' cameras. My first venture into sports cams was a Wingman HD, stuck it on my mates mini and it popped off at around 40mph, never recorded sound after that. So to remedy this from happening to my GoPro I have a Fat Gheko uber suction mount, tethered to a back up suction mount as a fail-safe. Took it out only this morning for the first test run and all seems fine.

IMG_0788.jpg

I'd love the canon equivalent of this as I take a lot of wildlife shots. (Not like the ones GMballistic takes though !) :lol:

• Like 1

Cracking shots there and this makes me want to get some new lenses at some stage for my camera.

Makes me want to get a new camera

Higher grade lenses would be a better purchase first I'd say. A friend has a lower spec'd camera than mine but when paired up with his ridiculous lens he gets fabulous photographs.

yeah i've looked at them, if you have a Gopro i would recommend a light duty "fly cam" or "steady cam" from amazon, the results can be fantastic. i need a slightly more heavy duty one to support the weight of my dslr. it uses like a counter balance technology.

oops.

I don't know much about the steady-cam's , will go and have a goosey at them now see how much they are. Could be a good little purchase for when I start using the camera more often.

I know what you mean about 'loosing' cameras. My first venture into sports cams was a Wingman HD, stuck it on my mates mini and it popped off at around 40mph, never recorded sound after that. So to remedy this from happening to my GoPro I have a Fat Gheko uber suction mount, tethered to a back up suction mount as a fail-safe. Took it out only this morning for the first test run and all seems fine.

IMG_0788.jpg

We need to go for a drive haha!! we'll get some awesome shots ;) gunna show me brother this mount it'll make him laugh but a great idea.. we used a bit of washing line

@Zeus :lol: . :thumbs:

Like that Go-Pro set up Mattross1313. B) Think I might have to invest in a Go-Pro at some point.

Last time I tried video like that I cable tied my Sony Digital camera to the front grill of my old Subaru. Worked ok really but still not as good as the Go-Pro. ;)

• Like 1

just an idea.. We use the Drift HD action camera available on amazon. if you watch some reviews on youtube you'll find its almost as much camera but half the price. it also has a rotatable lens! which comes in handy when you have to mount in an awkward place..

another +1 for the drift is its LCD screen... yes this affects battery but you can have it turn off after 10 seconds but its essential for framing a shot properly imo...

oh and before you ask, i dont work for sales at Drift haha.