Spatt's Fairlady Z- Engine Rebuilt Feb 2017

Spatt

Wanted to tidy up my build thread so i could document the history of my ownership a little more and share the adventure with those who might be interested. Its been two years now since i bought it from Marzman back in November 2013 and I still remember exactly how it felt collecting my dream car!

Marzman had a nice set of Volk GT-S wheels on the car amongst other modifications. I had printed pictures of the car to put on my wall at home but I'll never forget the first time i saw it in the flesh, It was back in the summer of 2013 and Chris was kind enough to show the car off to me and offer me advice. It was my first 350z-UK meeting and i was scared as hell but off i went!

Parked up on his drive i couldn't miss the car, as i drove down the street counting house numbers i started smiling as it jumped out at me. In the evening summer sun the cars colour just looked stunning and as I stood next to it i absolutely couldn't ever believe i would own this (or any 350z) I had been to see a couple of standard UK spec cars and one "GT" Model but the experience hadn't been quite right. Well.. that was it. It had taken me half a second to make my mind up but i know there and then two things.... It had to be Blue and it had to be a Nismo!

I spent the next 6 months working and saving as hard as i could, i couldn't sleep with excitement and on a Sunday morning just before Christmas of 2013 i made the trip with my dad down to Macclesfield from Bury to pick up my new car!

Marz%201_zpsldaswshp.jpg

The first stop was a local Shell at the end of the street to get some V power! I had been to this pump before every once in a while to "treat" my old car to some of the expensive stuff and i remember thinking i better get used to the expensive fuel bills. Getting out the car on the garage forecourt and filling up i noticed that nearly everyone was staring at it and i had to fight the smiles back. After the first top up all i wanted to do was go for a huge drive but i had to remember that it was winter, the sun was going down and the ground was wet. I didn't know what kind of an animal it would be like so i carefully drove it down the road carefully squeezing the throttle and laughing to myself at how surreal it all was.

So by Christmas 2013 i got myself a JWT popcharger. It wasn't this first time the car had one of these puppies. One had previously been removed to increase horse power. I was still scared of full throttle at this point, My last car was a 65hp 206 so the car had more than enough grunt for me.

The car as of March / April 2015.. Just got the Volks on and arches have been rolled

Zed%20April%202015_zpsq7t6ne5y.jpg

Matt%20and%20Damien%20March%202015_zpskcuwig58.jpg

Edited by Spatt

Shauld have put a before of the bay up...

whats are these repeater bulbs?

Next mod is my 25mm spacers (rear), then mainly engine stuff coz im pretty happy with the outside. Detail in the summer (good buff and polish with my rotary) fancy that plenum polishing to a mirror as well I think and I need some centre caps. Oh and want some hoses too

Shauld have put a before of the bay up...

whats are these repeater bulbs?

Next mod is my 25mm spacers (rear), then mainly engine stuff coz im pretty happy with the outside. Detail in the summer (good buff and polish with my rotary) fancy that plenum polishing to a mirror as well I think and I need some centre caps. Oh and want some hoses too

Not sure if serious?! :dry::lol:

You can get silver coloured indicator bulbs that light up orange so that you can get rid of the nasty orange coloured ones. Like these; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ULTRA-SILVERTEC-CAPLESS-INDICATOR-SILVER-T20-BU582S-X2-/170888789444?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27c9c3fdc4 ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well todays my birthday and I arrived home from work today to find two continental sport 5 tyres in the hall that my girlfriend had been and bought for me! She knew I was in touch with funky tyres and he was very happy to help her out because I couldn't make my mind up between the michelin and conti's. fitting and pics to follow and I look forward to driving on them

Well todays my birthday and I arrived home from work today to find two continental sport 5 tyres in the hall that my girlfriend had been and bought for me! She knew I was in touch with funky tyres and he was very happy to help her out because I couldn't make my mind up between the michelin and conti's. fitting and pics to follow and I look forward to driving on them

Great present from her and Happy Birthday. ;)

Enjoy your day. :thumbs:

• 2 months later...

Well i spent the day down at MopedMark's... Got myslef a plenum fitted, fitted my intake which he polished for me, removed a bunch of plastics (To be painted) He painted my throttle body and my dipstick.

He had me working my ass off cleaning the front of my engine and even his Mrs chipped in and helped tidy my bay up all in all a brilliant day and i feel im making some progress now with her!

Again a big thanks to Mark and his other half for all the help :thumbs:

20140503_120850_zpsc5e9f8bf.jpg

20140503_124040_zps497b6753.jpg

20140503_140202_zps8ea11572.jpg

20140503_141231_zpsb7ea727d.jpg

20140503_141247_zpsde7dbc7c.jpg

20140503_141455_zps1dea2188.jpg

20140503_152919_zpsa54dcb8b.jpg

20140503_154537_zpsf32880ce.jpg

20140503_155815_zpsa65671fe.jpg

20140503_155928_zps185f96ce.jpg

20140503_161315_zps4b2c6ad3.jpg

OH.. and a new slam panel (custom made by Mark) good job!

20140503_171814_zpsd86bbd8e.jpg

Job done for now..

20140503_171824_zps15837d19.jpg

• Like 6

to be honest no....

here's what i did (I cant take any credit for this as if it wasn't for Mopedmark it wouldn't have got done..

grab a sanding sponge block and some degreaser (Aerosol) like a break or carb cleaner, oh and a beer!

take the water pipe (think thats what it is) off the front and push the cables back from the top (As far as you can anyway) until you can just see the front and start scrubbing, spraying and drinking (this can take a very long time but well worth the effort... start at the top (Should all come off pretty easy its not exactly hard graft just time consuming.. mine has oily residue built up in areas and we used a small paint brush and some liquid degreaser

then throw some news paper over your belts and over the entire front of your car covering the fans ect, cover everything working your way out from the engine front.. i didn't mask the bonnet under neath but covered everything right back to the wipers (Do this inside or on a still day) tape everything up as best you can and sparingly paint up the front with the aerosol. Its pretty easy to mask to answer your question once you start doing it

should dry pretty quick then you can reattach the screws and wires and stuff to the front again job done, shame really it will be covered up by my engine cover once painted but im chuft as hell with how its turned out

• Like 1