Spatt's Fairlady Z- Engine Rebuilt Feb 2017

Spatt

The NEW wheels!!

So they've been on the car since Feb but better late than never right ?

oh my the problems i've had, i suppose i better get some pics up because it's been a busy few months, after having the front and rear bumpers repainted and then the rear spats falling off... the car was reversed into by a lorry less than a week after i had my new wheels fitted which put a huge downer on everything!

I'll try and get some pictures up of the damage and.. more importantly the awesome repair work carried out by Boundary Garage in Bury!

For now heres a shot of the Volk GT S wheels

wheel_zpsdp7kevpk.jpg

• Like 1

Well i got the front and rear bumper re painted by Deepcar Autobodies just over the hill in Yorkshire.

Deepcar's thread is here.

http://www.350z-uk.c...-nismo-bumpers/

The front bumper had some stone chips but as it was the original paint i really thought it looked ok considering some of the other cars i looked at before i made the purchase... Anyway, i went and stuffed it on a curb while parking one day. You can see the scuff on the first couple of pics.

The rear bumper was in really good condition and didn't really need any work except for the two tiny holes where a diffuser used to be, but then i reversed it into a pillar at an underground Tesco car park so i had to get that done too !!

After the work was done i was really happy! All i had to worry about was throwing these bad boys on which had been sat in my mums dining room for months!

w2_zpsibqzrbxa.jpg

w1_zpsokfrnqgt.jpg

After the wheels went on i experienced some rubbing.. When i say 'some' i mean a lot ! I had the rear shocks changed which helped loads but decided on rolling the arches just to guarantee no future problems with expensive tyres.

20150321_160459_zpsgg7cplus.jpg

So, I'm over the moon with how its looking and i decide to treat myself and take the car to work one Monday morning. A customer of ours was reversing his flat bed truck out of the yard and decided to park it on top of my car. My attitude at first was calm and just thought it will all get sorted but he was so lucky not to hit the wheel or the light !

anyway heres what he did and a lot of people said they couldn't even see the damage. What was annoying was some people assumed i'd been throwing the car around a car park and banged into something which really pi**ed me off !

1_zpswh8p549i.jpg

2_zpsmdth3dt5.jpg

3_zpsupik1q1o.jpg

4_zpsaciy0hrt.jpg

5_zps3fw9wq0w.jpg

As you can see by the last pic, i was pretty sick of this damage! After nearly two months of waiting, i took the car to Boundary Garage in Bury. They gave me the keys to a Mercedes E350 convertable. IT was the worst decision ive ever made and i almost had to appear in court because the company i used to handle the case where complete ar$e-hol&s!

Edited by Spatt

Sorry to hear about all your little misfortunes but the phoenix has well and truly risen from the ashes.

Rims look spot on.

Not many rims I love more than those Volks.

The only downside with fitting your Volks is you don't get to drool over them at your mum's dining table any more :lol:

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Thought i would update my post since its been a while and for very good reason.

During the summer in 2016 i noticed the car was starting to burn oil, i spent ages trying to convince myself it was normal for a car this age to burn oil and so i kind of ignored it. An oil change mid summer confirmed my worst fears :scare: 2.5L of oil came out!! (half the normal capacity)

I topped it up and things just got worse, the car had developed a miss-fire which i managed to resolve by changing ALL the coil packs (since i couldn't pin down one faulty coil and the miss-fire was only intermittent) but all hope was lost. During August of 2016 i had to SORN the car! it was smoking so bad through the exhaust at that point i had to do something about it.

so, around 5 month later and a hard save i managed to book it into a local garage to have the engine rebuilt over Christmas

Except the engine is still in there being built preventing ME from having my car in there lol...

6? 7 weeks now? 8 maybe?

:-)

You tend to overlook my posts so if you don't mind could you get back to me on this one and tell me what kind of ETA Ken has given you please?

Cheers Matt.

Edited by TT350

Here's some pics of the progress so far...

Engine bay looking a little empty

20161216_152440_zpsl4ptz2td.jpg

New clutch and Fly to add to the shopping list, i knew it was on its way out

20161216_152755_zpsi3vt6sko.jpg

20161216_153510_zpsjdjygnlb.jpg

20161216_153520_zpsxnqorias.jpg

20161216_153535_zpso70cs0pv.jpg

20161216_153557_zpsalrw1vmh.jpg

New clutch and fly wheel

20161223_185240_zpssjkp0qvp.jpg

obvious signs of oil burning on all 6 pistons

20170121_100340_zps242r0ibk.jpg

All told the damage was very minimal, The garage have said the bores are ok, along with the rings. It would seem that the bores are glazed up and this might have let the oil past. Hopefully a full overhaul to the engine will fiz the problem.

Work to be done:

New bearings, sealing kit and new timing chain kit

both heads to be fully overhauled including re-seat the valves and resetting the tappets

Will keep you all posted

Except the engine is still in there being built preventing ME from having my car in there lol...

6? 7 weeks now? 8 maybe?

You tend to overlook my posts so if you don't mind could you get back to me on this one and tell me what kind of ETA Ken has given you please?

Cheers Matt.

Hi Matt, i'm not overlooking your posts buddy. I dont know when i'm getting my car back mate, yes its been in with him since two weeks before Christmas... Kens been dragging his feet with it not me, i've already bought all the parts he needs and have in no way held him up. I've been told end of February at the moment though i'm not sure exactly when

believe me when i get it back you'll know because i'll be out in it every moment i'm awake

6? 7 weeks now? 8 maybe?

Cheers Matt.

Hi Matt, i'm not overlooking your posts buddy. I dont know when i'm getting my car back mate, yes its been in with him since two weeks before Christmas... Kens been dragging his feet with it not me, i've already bought all the parts he needs and have in no way held him up. I've been told end of February at the moment though i'm not sure exactly when

believe me when i get it back you'll know because i'll be out in it every moment i'm awake

Haha yeah I can imagine. Mines been sorn for 18 months so you'd better believe I'll be living in it when I get it back.

Odd that he's being slow. I know he's always busy but that's a long time.

6? 7 weeks now? 8 maybe?

Cheers Matt.

Haha yeah I can imagine. Mines been sorn for 18 months so you'd better believe I'll be living in it when I get it back.

Odd that he's being slow. I know he's always busy but that's a long time.

sent you a PM buddy :thumbs: yeh hes a little slow