Spray 'n' Shine

chirag1988

Has anyone had experience in using this product? I bought some a while back and use it to clean my VW Polo and it hasn't had any adverse effects and cleans well. But wanted to check if it's ok to use on the Z for a quick clean? I'm going to get some of the recommended cleaning products given on here, but just wanted to see if I can use this stuff in the meantime without harming the Z?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-LITRE-SPECIAL-SNS-WATERLESS-VALETING-CAR-WASH-POLISH-SET-WITH-CARNUBA-WAX-/360817805320?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item54026ac808

There's no question it will lift the dirt off your car but to get it off you will be rubbing the grit into the paintwork and adding to the swirl effect. Wouldnt touch it with a bargepole

I'd rather go to a hand car wash than use a waterless system. And Iv not used a car wash in years

Edited by LRF4N

It has chemicals in it which will impress and shine for when you are done but:

A. It will have just created a lot of swirl damage which isn't instantly obvious

B. Will last about a day before it just gets rained off and looks awful again

Do it properly, wash, polish and wax and see the longer term benefits (which will look better than these short cut shine products) as the wax looks after the paintwork and the future value of your car :thumbs:

• Like 1

Well I can only speak from using it myself and the only one I use is showroom shine so cant speak for the others. It does last and I use it on the windows too. You can see the rain rolling off the screen and bodywork for weeks later. As always each to thier own, one mans meat is another mans poison. As I said not sure I would risk it without washing the car first but I kno others who have with no adverse affects many off them in other car clubs.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Edited by djb55

I think it would work the same way as quick detailers do. Great between waxes and as a drying agent

Never used one without at least 2 coats of wax so couldn't comment on how long they last but they do work well in windows

Still not sure what the point is then, if you have gone to the trouble of washing the car, and you want it to looks its best, why short cut with a cheap product that only lasts 'weeks'? I can understand people wanting a one stop shop for cleaning ie skipping the water part, which of course will result in massive swirls, but if you are washing it, why skip the bit that adds so much more? I wouldn't even use this on our family ford focus with 82k on the clock...dodo juice super natural, usually good for up to 3 months. Give it a wash and it looks as good as it has when it has just been waxed.

I use a quick detailer as a drying agent- adds to the shine left by wax and removes water marks

But for folk who don't have the time and patience for a full detail quick detailers are cheap and cheerful. A lot of them are marketed to these people- instant shine with no effort

Is supernatural a detailing spray?

Still not sure what the point is then, if you have gone to the trouble of washing the car, and you want it to looks its best, why short cut with a cheap product that only lasts 'weeks'? I can understand people wanting a one stop shop for cleaning ie skipping the water part, which of course will result in massive swirls, but if you are washing it, why skip the bit that adds so much more? I wouldn't even use this on our family ford focus with 82k on the clock...dodo juice super natural, usually good for up to 3 months. Give it a wash and it looks as good as it has when it has just been waxed.

Its very quick to apply and even quicker to buff off to a deep shine. There are no special chemicals, no magic potions, its just carnauba wax, google it and you will see the many applications its used in daily.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk