**NEW DATE** Italy - Stelvio Pass 2015 Inc Price and Dates

Grundy

-Edit, Due to financial circumstances thanks to fluffy going to the vets, I've now put this back a year. Will be the same route, try and get the same hotels, similar prices, similar dates etc. So at least now you've got over a year to decide :) If you do fancy this let me know :thumbs:

Right Fresh post, with full updates prices and dates.

My plan has changed slightly from the original.

Date: July 6th (Sunday) - July 19th (Saturday).

The 2 Weeks will consist of a drive to a small place north of Italy Called Bormio.

bormio%2B2.jpg

That's the sort of site you could expect.

Now It's going to be a 4 day Journey to Bormio where I/we will be staying for 7 Nights. Wednesday 9th - Wednesday 16th

The Journey will Consist of

Portsmouth - Caen

Caen - Le Mans

Le Mans - Tour

Tour - Lyon

Lyon - Monaco

Monaco - Bormio.

We will be covering a rough 1300 Mile Journey there.

The days will plan out like this...

Day 1: Portsmouth to Caen on the cruise ferry. - £119 For one Car and 2 People. - 08:15 - 15:00.

Caen to Le Mans - 15:00 - 16:30

Le Mans to Tours - 17:00 - 18:30.

Tours is where we will be staying for the evening. - Small cheap hotel http://www.expedia.c...ult&rfrr=-30461

£40 for 2 people.

Day 2: Tours to Lyon - 09:00 - 13:30

Lyon to Monaco - 15:00 - 19:00

This is where i/we stay for 2 Nights in a lovely looking hotel. http://www.expedia.c...ult&rfrr=-30461

£225 For 2 People for 2 Nights

Day 4: Monaco - Bormio

This is where i/we will be staying for 7 nights. http://www.expedia.c...ult&rfrr=-30461

£665 for 7 Nights for 2 People.

Thought out the time in Bormio - The days will consist of road trips through stelvio pass and various other passes that are hidden away in the mountains.

There is the possibility for Skii'ing for anyone interested. (Like me :p )

Day trips to the Ferrari/Lamborghini Museums

And just chilling in the pool :lol:

The journey back is still to be planned, will more than likely end up going through Germany and getting the Euro back.

Please note I have decided against doing 'The Ring' as it is a big old drive I don't want to cram too much in, as The Ring can be done in a weekend :)

There are chances the Prices may change (Cheaper) as well as the hotels, depending if the prices go up in the next couple of months.

I plan to pay and book all this in by End of April.

If you are seriously interested please let me know, would be great to have another Zed or Two :thumbs:

TheTrip_zps699205ba.png

The-Stelvio-Pass-Italy.jpg

Edited by grundy225

I think you could/should definitely include a visit to the supercar factories (and also Ducati) in Bologna as you'll be in northern Italy Matt.

Will you also be recruiting a team of glamour models to party with us each night like the Pure Rally?

Good luck with organising your trip. Remember to plan your timing of the Stelvio carefully. It is often jammed with cyclists, motorhomes and general traffic. For me, other passes like the Furka, Susten, Nufenen, Oberlap and Gr. St. Bernard were just as much fun to drive and a lot less traffic..

• Like 1

I think you could/should definitely include a visit to the supercar factories (and also Ducati) in Bologna as you'll be in northern Italy Matt.

Will you also be recruiting a team of glamour models to party with us each night like the Pure Rally?

Yes! Need ideas on places to visit!

Yeah that's Not a problem, but they will cost us! and they may not be legal....But you get a lot more!!!!! ;)

• Like 1

Good luck with organising your trip. Remember to plan your timing of the Stelvio carefully. It is often jammed with cyclists, motorhomes and general traffic. For me, other passes like the Furka, Susten, Nufenen, Oberlap and Gr. St. Bernard were just as much fun to drive and a lot less traffic..

Thanks, as I said, Open to any suggestions, Stelvio is the only major one that I know of.

Sounds like a good trip, in my experience, going from the Ring to say, round about the Lake Como area is a 400-500 mile drive, now if you're planning to take a partner/wife/girlfriend/blow up doll, I would take at least an overnight or 2 night break on the way down. Reason behind this is even on an early start, you'll get into the Alps, late afternoon, by that time you'll be pretty kanackered and the ladies will not enjoy it and neither will you.

These are great trips to do, but I would stick to 250 max on driving days, take 2/3 night breaks between driving/exploring the passes, I've spent a few 12 hr Alpine drives, wishing I had stopped earlier, like 8 hrs earlier.

Just a thought, if you're a driving monster then go for it in a one'r, but after a track day as well....

Any of the Lakes are a great base, but Italy is HUGE, even from the Lakes to Bolognia or Modena is a fair old treck. Also, plan the return trip as detailed as the outward one, been there on an evening on an Autobahn, with heavy German traffic, can be very congested, I would come back up through France.

Just pointers for you to take regard of if anyone wants to take you up on the trip and takes along partners :thumbs:

I done the stelvio and ring in june this year. Was one of the best things ive done. Already booked for the ring and black forest next june.

our trip went like

day 1 folkestone to calais, through belgium and Luxembourg to strasbourg.

day 2 strasbourg through to Switzerland then italy stelvio

day 3 stelvio back through Switzerland onto stuttgart

day 4 stuttgart to the ring

day 5 ring back through belgium then calais and home

next years will be

day 1 folkestone to calais straight to the ring

day 2 ring to baden baden black forest

day 3 black forest to Munich

day 4 munich to bmw and audi factory

day 5 munich to ring

day 6 enjoy day at ring

day 7 another ring day then calais and home

Sounds like a good trip, in my experience, going from the Ring to say, round about the Lake Como area is a 400-500 mile drive, now if you're planning to take a partner/wife/girlfriend/blow up doll, I would take at least an overnight or 2 night break on the way down. Reason behind this is even on an early start, you'll get into the Alps, late afternoon, by that time you'll be pretty kanackered and the ladies will not enjoy it and neither will you.

These are great trips to do, but I would stick to 250 max on driving days, take 2/3 night breaks between driving/exploring the passes, I've spent a few 12 hr Alpine drives, wishing I had stopped earlier, like 8 hrs earlier.

Just a thought, if you're a driving monster then go for it in a one'r, but after a track day as well....

Any of the Lakes are a great base, but Italy is HUGE, even from the Lakes to Bolognia or Modena is a fair old treck. Also, plan the return trip as detailed as the outward one, been there on an evening on an Autobahn, with heavy German traffic, can be very congested, I would come back up through France.

Just pointers for you to take regard of if anyone wants to take you up on the trip and takes along partners :thumbs:

Thanks for the advice, at the moment it's all just idea's ( I'm doing the trip, but idea's as what to include in the trip, and when and where etc) Will probably do the tracks on the way back, as there is always that small chance something happens to the car, that's the trip over :lol:

Cheers Arran, that's some good detail that will help :thumbs:

Defo interested.. was thinking of taking the car into Europe (want to track the ring) but I've never driven abroad before. Also how many miles per day roughly?

Might be 2015 before I hit the tracks I only got it end of nov so should probably get used to it this summer first.? Jumped from a 1.1 to this haha.

But... I love driving!

Lookin forward to seeing this pan out. Never know money and holidays permitting I will be up for it. Dont want to hold anyone up. Never done any 'serious' mile crunching before but always wanted the adventure

• 4 weeks later...