Supra mk5 coming to Detroit auto show?

StevoD

I heard that toyota were working with BMW to create a 3l v6 Turbo, this is a couple of years ago.... I never heard anything of it again.

I seriously hope that this engine wasnt just in my imagination, and that it makes its way into this.

I know its slightly off topic, but im MUCH more excited about the mx5 / alfa spider collaboration.

I would hope it wouldn't be like the skyline to GT-R price hike. I do think they are missing a trick not releasing a new supra as it would go down a storm but it would be ashame if it did get released but with a 60+ price tag. I am not sure what sort of price the Supra retailed at when it first came over as I was just born :lol: If it was around 30 - 40K I would have it on my wish list.

A couple of years ago the world was rife with the rumour that the Supra was coming back, pictures of it at tracks testing, on the road, the lot. That car turned out to be the £300k LFA from Lexarse. Let's hope these rumours won't end up in disappointment too :)

RWD, keep the looks the same, 2.0 ltr supercharged / turbo engine (ala 1.4 TSI type fitted to VWs).

Waiting for the screams!!!!!

Yep, a 2.0 ltr tsi thingy (circa 300hp).....keep costs, emissions down......they'd sell a load of them.

Then when the sell a load (say at 35k) - release a flagship versions....with 4 ltr twin turbo power (say around 55k) - or even chuck the 5ltr from the ISF in it.

Edited by aidan

Well with the gtr and honda now taking orders for the next gen NSX, toyota i recon will do it just i do fear it will have the first nsx problem of being priced to close to porsche jag aston etc

2014_toyota_supra_speculative_render_by_ilpoli-d6jm7mj.jpg

Like that a lot. B):teeth:

Is it just me that thinks the spoiler isn't right? Needs to be bigger/Wider I think. :surrender:

Well with the gtr and honda now taking orders for the next gen NSX, toyota i recon will do it just i do fear it will have the first nsx problem of being priced to close to porsche jag aston etc

2014_toyota_supra_speculative_render_by_ilpoli-d6jm7mj.jpg

Like that a lot. B):teeth:

Is it just me that thinks the spoiler isn't right? Needs to be bigger/Wider I think. :surrender:

I agree! Bring back the old supra wing :#1: