Boot Popper/assist springs Reconditioning

peteman35

Currently got uprated dampers, pennies, rubber washers, adjusted boot latch, removed boot weight and still have to double press, so I'll have a pair. Lol

1. Arran

2.Russ

3.Cs2000

4.Mike46

5.GT4 Zed

6 .glrnet

7.dashurik

8. andysmee

9. Dunks

10. Daryl

11. Sam McGoo

Edited by Sam Mcgoo

:lol:

Just got back with the test with Humpy, as my boot gas struts are completely dead and humpy's are not.

The popper was extremely violent. So now have swapped them over for a softer version. boot still opens 100% but doesnt bounce like a basketball :lol:

So the springs are now on order! Once they have turned up everyone on the list will get a PM of payment details and where to send the poppers :thumbs:

I have ordered enough for 25 people so dont hesitate to add your name to the list

Edited by peteman35

Just got back with the test with Humpy, as my boot gas struts are completely dead and humpy's are not.

The popper was extremely violent. So now have swapped them over for a softer version. boot still opens 100% but doesnt bounce like a basketball :lol:

So the springs are now on order! Once they have turned up everyone on the list will get a PM of payment details and where to send the poppers :thumbs:

I have ordered enough for 25 people so dont hesitate to add your name to the list

Maybe you should test on someone with an aftermarket spoiler like the nismo etc as the "violent" spring maybe what is required to pop the heavy boot. I am having a GT spoiler installed so obviously concerned.

Maybe you should test on someone with an aftermarket spoiler like the nismo etc as the "violent" spring maybe what is required to pop the heavy boot. I am having a GT spoiler installed so obviously concerned.

Exactly what I was thinking :thumbs:

:snack:

All sorted, searched around and found the aprox weight of a nismo spoiler is 15lb's. I also had my boot weight removed so added that to the stack as well.

Out of 30 trys of trying to open the boot, it opened 30 times faultlessly. 100% success B)

Also done in a cold morning, so everything isn't working to its full potential :thumbs:

20131130_083432_zpsf50a119c.jpg

20131130_083426_zps66f2ddb3.jpg

Edited by peteman35

I need these in my life, the combination of having to double pop, lift and then dive out of the way before my struts fail is an accident waiting to happen.

1. Arran

2.Russ

3.Cs2000

4.Mike46

5.GT4 Zed

6 .glrnet

7.dashurik

8. andysmee

9. Dunks

10. Daryl

11. Sam McGoo

12. Randy_Baton