Cyclists reaction

coldel

Seeing this video on social media now, seems its doing the rounds, the surprising thing, the vast majority were supporting the car driver and saying the cyclist got what he deserved. I didnt expect that reaction off a non motoring based spectrum.

I don't think you can ever support violence, but I think that fact you see the cyclist chase down the car to verbally abuse him, then after the event turn back and go back the way he needed to go shows the mindset of the cyclist.

The moral is if you chase people down to harrass them expect them to react angrily back!

No Dave, it's not. But I was only referring to the fact that all infrastructure is paid for out of general taxation, and most drivers and cyclists have jobs, therefore entitling them to use the roads.

I Don't know why such focus is given to the mode of transport of arseholes, as obviously, their common feature is being an idiot, not their method of getting about.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

It is unfortunate that cyclists in general are getting a bad name, the guy in the video kind of sums up most peoples stereotypes of a modern cyclist....

I get the taxation bit I think most are talking about some kind of insurance not just for other road users but for pedestrians who are using crossings and get hit...

I did see a good one the other day, a cyclist ean a red light, unlucky for him a copper on a bike was the other side of the junction, doubt he got anything more than a telling off but still...

Sent from the golf club...

This is the problem, and why cyclists continue to flout the laws, because there is no repercussions. Usually they get 'told off' upon which they cycle off laughing and cycle through the next red light they come to.

Stick some coppers at problem areas for jumping lights etc (and they know where they are), stop them the other side, confiscate the bikes, give them a free travel pass for the day to carry on the journey and charge them £60 to get their bike back.

The thing is an idiot is going to be an idiot no matter what.

I walk, cycle and drive almost everyday now. This morning walking the dog (keeping her away from the cycle path) and I see a light coming towards me... Slowly.... A cyclist had chosen to ride his bike on the road. Now the lane he had chosen had a bus lane to his left and further to the left s dedicated cycle path. He chose to ignore the path and ride in the middle of the 50mph lane and purposely try yo block motorised vehicles.

I was dumbfounded. If I ride to work I ride the cycle path he chose to ignore, it's not ideal but I'd choose it over the road anytime. I think this Lycra clad beardy type wanted an argument and that would've made his year.

Your 1970's bike round the back of the bike shed ?

Of course :shrug:

I let quite a few girls try out my chopper back in the day...

Sent from the golf club...

I remember the chopper ...... they had a really small gear stick didn't they ;)

Well if I don't stop coming on here for a look at her I'm going to go blind ...... or get hairy palms ....... !

I can confirm neither will happen don't worry. :lol:

Phew that's a relief cos are lass checks my palms every morning without fail!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

To dig up an old thread this made me chuckle

http://www.thedailym...e-2014040385379

Car driver Emma Bradford said: “Horse riders can be a bit frustrating but at least the horse fraternity knows better than to do the Grand National on the A46.

“I find cycle race people rather hard to like, except the fat one who’s miles behind all the others, I feel sorry for him and admire his tenacity.â€

:lol:

I'm a road cyclist, we don't pay road tax because we don't funny enough let of emissions, so we have no tax just like a electric car. More so on country roads cars over take stupidly close, or when a cars coming the other way. Might was going down a hill doing around 35-40mph, I was coming up to a cross road where I had right of way so I pulled out away from the verge it give cars a better chance of seeing me, which they did not. And I only just missed them as there's no way I could stop on a hill that steep. So yes I got a bit angry. I don't find I'm a selfish road user, I keep far too the left and try my best to let cars past. At the end of the day there will always be people out there to give cyclists a bad name. But please don't think it's the majority! Unless you from London. Then yes cyclists are nuts.

As a pedestrian when I'm walking to work through London, it pisses me off no end cyclists riding through red lights where were trying to cross and on several occasions I've grabbed their handlebars and stopped it against my leg (going relatively slowly lol) and just shouted red light in their face.. They just look a bit dazed and don't reply. Also down the many alley ways with big signs saying CYCLISTS DISMOUNT yet I come round the corner and nearly get knocked over. When I'm riding, I stay far left as possible and signal my intentions... Not in London though, crazies on the road there, see it every day lol

• Like 1

Seems to be considered acceptable to cycle on the pavement around our way now. See it every day.

Though it would seem unbelievable these days, I actually had the Police stop me when I was about 15 for riding on the pavemen, they took my name and address and payed a visit to my house to let my mum know and gave me a talking too ;)

Saw this video just now....I never ever try to go down the side of a truck anyways, but my god I will do my best to stay as far away from a truck as possible in future :scare:....Even makes me a bit nervous to go near a truck in my car.

TFL video

Edited by gangzoom