False Widow?

Whazza22

Haha seen that before, no way in hell would you catch me doing that! In fact i would probably sell house after that ran off

lol regularly saw normal size ones ie about 6-8" accross as they are so common, almost like a house spider.... only saw one that size and also saw a redback now THAT was one scary bugger!

I had a little book of all the deadly spider/snakes etc the idea is if you get bitten you get to hospital quick and point to what bit you :scare:

Only even got bitten by a fire ant but that was bad enough hurt like feck!!!!!

The recently discovered chicken spider that form colonies like meerkats. Sleep together, hunt together and...

...watch out Ricey & Pete87 - they're coming to get youuuuuu :scare:

not really

They can come as long as asda doesn't run out of wasp sray I can irradicate them lol.

Edited by Pete87

Haha seen that before, no way in hell would you catch me doing that! In fact i would probably sell house after that ran off

lol regularly saw normal size ones ie about 6-8" accross as they are so common, almost like a house spider.... only saw one that size and also saw a redback now THAT was one scary bugger!

I had a little book of all the deadly spider/snakes etc the idea is if you get bitten you get to hospital quick and point to what bit you :scare:

Dave politely **** off!!!

WTF am I doing going to a country literally festooned with deadly stuff!

:lol:

Did I mention the cockroaches you can hear then scratching away they are so big :lol:

Did I mention the cockroaches you can hear then scratching away they are so big :lol:

Is that why you were scratching all day at Darrens, Dave? :blush:

Isnt the red back the one that can lead to amputation?

Only if you don't get it treated by the doctor for a good 3-10 hours(depends how much venom and how resistant you are).

I shook them out every day from my wetsuit, little bastards.

Gotta love Oz.

Edited by Jewell

Is that why you were scratching all day at Darrens, Dave? :blush:

Nope that was crabs...

gearknob3.jpg

I had an Australian Redback encased in a gear knob on my MX5.

Nice!

Although I was talking about redback tarantulas not widows..... not as deadly but almost as poisonous and much meaner looking!

devejyvu.jpg

Edited by spursmaddave

gearknob3.jpg

I had an Australian Redback encased in a gear knob on my MX5.

Nice!

Although I was talking about redback tarantulas not widows..... not as deadly but almost as poisonous and much meaner looking!

devejyvu.jpg

You wouldn't want one of them encased on ya knob!!! :scare: