Little help on a possible purchase

Jay M1988

Doesn't have the GT pack but spec still sounds good, low miles for the year, fair price (could be knocked down I'm sure) & best colour too. B) Although it doesn't mention in the ad anything about service history though which is something I'd investigate further tbh. Still definitely worth a ring/drive/look at imo. :thumbs:

I may very well be selling mine shortly and it would be for a similar price.

It's on an 04 plate, it's not an import and it has done 60,000 miles.

I will PM you if I decide to put mine for sale.

You only live 30 mile from me too :)

Edited by nowhereboy

I've checked insurance both uk and import and it wasn't much difference for me guys as I've had few imports so far.

As for service history I'm calling tomorrow to get this query'd 100%

I thought the same tbh an 6 is pushing my budget so what would you guys offer in your opinion

I'm seeing it this Saturday so i can take it from there

I just want to be as clued up as possible

Thanks for the pm mate it's just tad over my budget I'm afraid nowhereboy

Hmmm, photo of the tax having expired is not exactly inspiring! And the rear spoiler is missing? Single DIN head unit (if I had space for a double would certainly have had it in there but all to their own I guess). Floor mats missing on both sides? Assume no heated seats by the looks of it. Also says in the ad that it has headlight washers but they are not on the photos. Might be hard to shift if you want to sell on...

Edited by coldel

Would have to agree that slightly over priced but if history is there than it's a good deal imo- especially for the mileage if that checks out, sometimes hard to be sure though with imports. And can someone clarify this- auto levelling? (I have an imp and pretty sure my lights dont "auto" level) also, washers?? dont see any there.....

Would have to agree that slightly over priced but if history is there than it's a good deal imo- especially for the mileage if that checks out, sometimes hard to be sure though with imports. And can someone clarify this- auto levelling? (I have an imp and pretty sure my lights dont "auto" level) also, washers?? dont see any there.....

You will only have auto-leveling lights and washers if your car has Xenon lights. Maybe imports don't as they were an option in Japan, but standard in the UK. Same goes for Brembo brakes, standard in UK, Japanese option.

You will only have auto-leveling lights and washers if your car has Xenon lights. Maybe imports don't as they were an option in Japan, but standard in the UK. Same goes for Brembo brakes, standard in UK, Japanese option.

I don't think its to do because it was an option as it was and it wasn't if that makes sence. E.g. I think T, ST have them as standard maybe others. I think the auto levellers and washers are for eu rules.

I've checked insurance both uk and import and it wasn't much difference for me guys as I've had few imports so far.

Isnt that the truth, i wonder how many people who jump on the insurance bandwagon comments have actually tried to insure an import, rather than just read it :wacko:

As above - £6k seems a lot for one that is absolute bog standard and an import which although perfectly fine will put off a % of buyers if you sell it on.

Don't be hasty, summer has gone, take your time and let the bad weather kick in it always makes cars like this harder to sell and thus put a bit more haggling power into the hands of the buyer.

Looks a really nice but boggo car. Low miles which is good, crappy private plate but might be worth a quid or 2, 12 months MOT and 6 months warranty.......gives you a small piece of mind I guess.

March in with 5.5k or less and see what happens.

You can always change out the interior, stick Rays on it, put a V1 spoiler on if you want to tart it up.

In my experience if the Ad does not mention FULL service history than 99.9% on the time it wont have it, so i tend to ignore all ad's which do not mention FSH. Even then, the service history is not really full as the servicing have been done outside of the recommend service intervals.

Looks a really nice but boggo car. Low miles which is good, crappy private plate but might be worth a quid or 2, 12 months MOT and 6 months warranty.......gives you a small piece of mind I guess.

March in with 5.5k or less and see what happens.

You can always change out the interior, stick Rays on it, put a V1 spoiler on if you want to tart it up.

Rays will be 400 (min), spoiler fitted and painted 140 (min) and then interior 350 (min).

Thats almost 900 quid. Better just spending a bit more and getting a UK GT to begin with? IMO.

Does look clean though for a 2003.

Rang company an it supposedly has loads of service history an owned by manager of a ford garage in Middlesbrough so serviced every 8k

Erm 3 owners in total

But it sold today, guys supposedly picking it up Saturday.

Back to the drawing board