Volk Gts Alloys 19 Inch

Jay

Hi Guys and Gals, Looking for a bit of advice. I am thinking about selling my Volk Gts 19 inch in great condition. Been powdercoated Midnight purple in the middle and the dish has been powder coated chrome. I will be selling without tyres. Whats your thoughts people, how much are they worth? midnight3.jpg midnight.jpg midnight1.jpg

Great wheels here.

The unhelpful fact is that they're worth whatever people will pay for them.

I mean, you can look at how much you paid, how old they are and price them from that.

Or you can look at how much it would cost to get a set here now and go from that.

Ultimately if you put them up for £2000, then drop the price to £1500 and they sell, they're maybe not worth that but that’s what the market dictated.

Also, when you can get a brand new set of Rota's with rubber for probably less that you would want for these, it's going to hard to get the non Volk appreciating public to part for what they are worth.

Without tyres Japperformance.ie sell wheel of similar size works weds volk SSR etc in good condition for £1300-1900, Depending on the wheels scene status ie SSR SP1 demand a premium, But what you want is up to you but what the buyers think there worth can be two different things,

I am in no rush at all to sell them, just thought I woulld ask around here and to see if anyone is interested in them. I would be looking at 1700 for them as they really are a piece of art! I know people go Rota etc and they are nice wheels, i had a set on my 350z but Volk are far superior.

Yous are in better condition than mine - but the purple is very specific - i.e. most people will need to factor in a refurb.

For mine, with tyres (which are 3mm left MPS2's) i would be asking for around ££1500 to 1750, but they are in need of a refurb.

A few years ago they would have been worth £!500 all day long, with the current breed of Z owners you will be lucky to get £15 for them :lol:

I sold my CE28s after 4 years of use for about £1600 back in the good old days :D

I sold my CE28s after 4 years of use for about £1600 back in the good old days :D

You'd get that now too.

From me anyway, lol.

:lol:

If I still had them now, I'd never sell them :p

Awesome set of wheels :D

A few years ago they would have been worth £!500 all day long, with the current breed of Z owners you will be lucky to get £15 for them :lol:

Back in the day 2k on wheels for a £15k car was sensible. Now 2k wheels on a 5k car its just silly.

Back in the day 2k on wheels for a £15k car was sensible. Now 2k wheels on a 5k car its just silly.

I agree, it doesnt make the wheels that cheap though.

Atleast at that price whoever buys them wont wont lose money on them

I guess I just don't see the point in spending 1200 on an average set of alloys for a few hundred more. That always was my problem tho... Keep spending lol. It will take an enthusiast no doubt to buy them, but it really does transform your car, plus a 370z owner can buy them aswell!

I agree, it doesnt make the wheels that cheap though.

Atleast at that price whoever buys them wont wont lose money on them

It's true but a person with a 15k car usually can budget 2k for wheels but a person with a 5k car usually can't budget 2k on wheels.

GTR or driftworks might be a better place to sell them as they are top quality wheels.

Without quoting to arouse "discussion" and single out comments.

The colour may not be to everyones tastes but personally i like the fact they are different and think the colour will pretty much go with any colour Zed, as someone else mentioned in another thread somewhere, he was looking at spending £7k on wheels to be different :)

At £200 to get the centres done to your personal taste and the fact its so easy to get done cause they are splits is no big deal.

Jap performance as Stevo mentions is making a living providing quality 2nd hand rims like these, his pricing is probably a very good gauge as what you can expect to achieve.

Sure you may need to buy tyres but you can pick up some very good part worn Michelin etc for not a lot.

And to the Rota comments as an alternative, sure you can pick up a set of new Rotas with average rubber for less new, but, thats exactly the point, they will always be Rotas that adorn 1000's of cars because you can buy them new cheap and will be worth about £2.50 in a couple of years along with 1000's of others for sale, imho, you cannot compare prices with Rotas. These wheels will still be worth good money in a year or 2 or more, as Rotas flood the market, these get rarer, values might even go up ;)

£1500 and not a penny less imho. :)

• Like 1

And to the Rota comments as an alternative, sure you can pick up a set of new Rotas with average rubber for less new, but, thats exactly the point, they will always be Rotas that adorn 1000's of cars because you can buy them new cheap and will be worth about £2.50 in a couple of years along with 1000's of others for sale, imho, you cannot compare prices with Rotas. These wheels will still be worth good money in a year or 2 or more, as Rotas flood the market, these get rarer, values might even go up ;)

I think the suggestion of Rota's wasn't as a alternative to Volks, it was that because of Rota's these will either take longer to sell or force a lower price.

Which was in line with the OP's question.