Volk Gts Alloys 19 Inch

Jay

And to the Rota comments as an alternative, sure you can pick up a set of new Rotas with average rubber for less new, but, thats exactly the point, they will always be Rotas that adorn 1000's of cars because you can buy them new cheap and will be worth about £2.50 in a couple of years along with 1000's of others for sale, imho, you cannot compare prices with Rotas. These wheels will still be worth good money in a year or 2 or more, as Rotas flood the market, these get rarer, values might even go up ;)

I think the suggestion of Rota's wasn't as a alternative to Volks, it was that because of Rota's these will either take longer to sell or force a lower price.

Which was in line with the OP's question.

Personally i have no idea why Rota even plays a part in the price of these, they are not Rotas and that is a very good reason to want to pay a premium, unless of course they are being suggested as an alternative?

Personally i have no idea why Rota even plays a part in the price of these, they are not Rotas and that is a very good reason to want to pay a premium, unless of course they are being suggested as an alternative?

Johnny buys a 350Z for £6000.

Wants some 'aftermarket' wheels.

He can get some genuine qulaity wheels, like these, for £1500 without tyres.

Or he can get, brand new, ready to throw on, Rota replicas for about £1200 (I don't know the exact price) in a style and colour he wants.

Johnny probably not knowing what the hell JDM even means, will probably pick the Rota's. At a guess. So he can buy a K&N panel filter also with the spare cash.

So because of this, seller can wait and hope that someone with some love and knowledge comes along and pays fair price for these or, the seller prices them closer to the Rota's to get rid and get the money in his pocket.

I think that's a realistic senario. Personally.

As it stands it looks like the seller is happy to sit on these and get what they are worth as he's in no rush.

I did the same when I sold my Super Advan V2's. Took over a year to sell but when the correct customer came along, he saw them, paid an collected the same day for the amount I wanted.

So long and short of it is, you are suggesting Rotas are an alternative? ;)

Sorry buddy, i am being pedantic :) The op is asking what these wheels are worth, imo it makes no difference what a set of Rotas can be bought for, its like saying i can buy sparkling wine for less than champagne :)

Edited by Jetpilot