best instrument cluster in the world

rtbiscuit

I wonder how many stars that would get in NCAP. My Dad had one (not a star in NCAP but an Anglia).

My Dad bought my Mum one and they gave it to me when I passed my test, that speedo needle bounced around so much you could easily achieve 0 to 60 in the blink of an eye!!! I got pulled up one day in a 30mph zone and the copper asked me if I had any idea how fast I was going, I told him that unfortunately I had no idea, needless to say he didn't see the funny side of things!! Happy days. :)
  • Like 2

One thing that impressed my mate about the Zed is the fact that when you adjust the steering wheel, the clocks/instrument cluster move too.

As a lanky git, sorry, tall gentle man, he said he often finds that moving the steering wheel to suit, often means it obscures the clocks. Not a problem in the Zed though :thumbs:

EDIT "tall gentleman". Not "tall gentle man". That kinda gives the wrong impression :lol:

Edited by 14N

I wonder how many stars that would get in NCAP. My Dad had one (not a star in NCAP but an Anglia).

My Dad bought my Mum one and they gave it to me when I passed my test, that speedo needle bounced around so much you could easily achieve 0 to 60 in the blink of an eye!!! I got pulled up one day in a 30mph zone and the copper asked me if I had any idea how fast I was going, I told him that unfortunately I had no idea, needless to say he didn't see the funny side of things!! Happy days. :)

Strangely enough this was the first car in which I ever travelled at an indicated 60 mph. My Dad was at the wheel on A3 heading towards Kingston. I can well remember the speedo waving backwards and forwards like a Geiger counter and the whole car was shaking....that may well have been as simple as the wheels needing balancing... or maybe not. Nevertheless I still remember that day :lol: Having said that it was a leap forward from our previous sit up and beg version, which in turn was several steps ahead of my Grandfather's Morris 8. When you think about it, all modern cars are pretty good (eg. you don't need a sump lamp any more :lol: )

• Like 1

This has to be the best dashboard ever..Honda eat your heart out . :thumbs:

070330-trabant-interior.jpg

OK Will - what is that? A Trabant or something?

That's what I liked about a 2CV - nothing you don't need. To some extent it's the policy that Rolls Royce also follow (eg. box only gives you the option of forward or back, as I understand it).

This has to be the best dashboard ever..Honda eat your heart out . :thumbs:

070330-trabant-interior.jpg

OK Will - what is that? A Trabant or something?

That's what I liked about a 2CV - nothing you don't need. To some extent it's the policy that Rolls Royce also follow (eg. box only gives you the option of forward or back, as I understand it).

Spot on yes it a Trabant. :thumbs: