best instrument cluster in the world

rtbiscuit

:lol: No way! It is now, only in my later life, that I now realise that my Turbo Tomy was fitted with a double DIN Sat Nav unit. :teeth:

I just put a bid in on one on eBay :lol:

You should try find the Japanese Home Market one, they are very rare though and were not exported to the UK - Turbo Tomy Drift Edition :drive1:

having owned and used an S2000 for 18 months I have to say you might think the digital dash is poor and retro, I have to say when driving on the limit it was the most accurate and easy to use dash I've ever had in front of me. its accurate number readout tells you exactly what speed, no guessing where the needle sits. the rev counter is big and central and always visible. and with the colour change you weren't having to calibrate in your head where you roughly are. and when going abroad I press one button and my dash swaps from imperial to metric. so no trying to read the tiny numbers on the inside of a dial. having used it the S2000 dash is the most functional and useful dash I've had the pleasure to use.

having owned and used an S2000 for 18 months I have to say you might think the digital dash is poor and retro, I have to say when driving on the limit it was the most accurate and easy to use dash I've ever had in front of me. its accurate number readout tells you exactly what speed, no guessing where the needle sits. the rev counter is big and central and always visible. and with the colour change you weren't having to calibrate in your head where you roughly are. and when going abroad I press one button and my dash swaps from imperial to metric. so no trying to read the tiny numbers on the inside of a dial. having used it the S2000 dash is the most functional and useful dash I've had the pleasure to use.

I would agree numbers must be easier to register than a dial. I was lucky enough to be in a brand new M5 with the sports head up display and having the speed in numbers on your windscreen makes it much easier.

That's the point the s2000 was so driver focused, all controls could be reached with your finger tips without having to take a hand off the wheel. The whole car was designed around the ability to focus on the drive without any other distraction.