Will these look good on a Zed..?

WhackyWill

Whacky, seen these in the flesh and they look pretty nice. Totally agree with Dedman, get them sprayed on the flat areas of the spokes, they will look brill, plus you may get them cheap!!! Although ive 20" Rimmini wheels, which are deep dish units, so I have to agree with Kyle too !!! (Not much help am I). Jonny :wacko:

• Like 1

I don't want to re open a can of worms so this is my opinion. You may not agree with it.

I used to have 18" standard 6-7 spoke alloys. I still think they look better than the rays. Got some rays put them on and car was instantly more nimble. Same tyres etc the rays are much much lighter. Dropping the profile To 40's over 45's even makes a small difference.

• Like 2

I don't want to re open a can of worms so this is my opinion. You may not agree with it.

I used to have 18" standard 6-7 spoke alloys. I still think they look better than the rays. Got some rays put them on and car was instantly more nimble. Same tyres etc the rays are much much lighter. Dropping the profile To 40's over 45's even makes a small difference.

Rays are 4kg lighter, each. (I'm SURE I read that somewhere on here)

I'd never really given wheel weight much thought, I've since learnt the error of my ways, but the bloke who refurbished them made a big song and dance about how much lighter they were than he'd expected. Must be a good thing.

It's "unsprung weight" or something isn't it? Plus if they're lighter that's:

- less weight to stop

- less weight to get moving

- easier to lift if your not a gym junkie

- makes steering lighter as less weight on gearing -> more feedback as easier for road surface to "transmit though" (that's made up bull @*!# but there must be something to it)

- quicker lock to lock -> nimble

Saw a GT-R with Carbon Fibre Wheels at AutoSport at Birmingham earlier this year - looked smashing! I think Smoking Tire (americans) did a review on them too.

• Like 2

Take the air out and fill them with nitrogen, it will make them even lighter.. :thumbs:

If you're going that far for lightening just fill them with helium!

Or hydrogen, it's even lighter again. Wouldn't want to clip a kerb though!

Take the air out and fill them with nitrogen, it will make them even lighter.. :thumbs:

Or hydrogen, it's even lighter again. Wouldn't want to clip a kerb though!

Lets go hydrogen inside the tyres (which are made of a red phosphorous and powdered glass mix inlaid into the tread for grip) mounted to a magnesium wheel. Explosive!

• Like 1

That would just be silly the last thing you want to do at night is go and strap the car down to stop it floating away lol

• Like 1