New 350z Hi from New Zealand

mal.d

Hi everyone, I have owned my 350z for 2 weeks now and love it.

I live in Gisborne on the East coast of New Zealand where I am a Computer Teacher and IT Manager. I also belong to the New Zealand Z Club.

I am a little car mad and own (along with my wife of course), a 2004 Subaru Legacy GT wagon, 2 1994 850T Volvos (one for parts), 2 Mazda station wagons, 1 Hyundai hatchback (kids run around) and a 1971 Alfa Romeo GT Junior (since 1978).

My Fairlady 350z is a 2008 Dark Grey Japanese import (Auto) which has done 118,000 km. I looked at importing a 350z from the UK as the GT Touring models there have almost every available option. However unless the car qualifies for a VAT refund it is not worth the effort.

The z managed to develop the usual rattles on the 500 km journey from the car dealer to the my home town of Gisborne and is missing a cover from the right hand side of the steering column. These two issues will no doubt be topics for me to pursue in some future forums.

Nice to be on board so to speak.