possible new 350z owner

Hi all

just signed up, huge nissan fan and im very tempted to get a 350z, would be an early one and a gt spec.

however one issue....its means i would have to sell my pride and joy :( ive got a 200sx s14a running 340+ hp, had loads of time and money spent on it (only under the bonnet and suspension, fast and furious bodykits and stickers are not for me)

Im worried i would regret to sell mine and get a 350z and be disapointed in performance as i do have a need for speed! But im getting fed up of my sx having all little minor issues and ive had it 4 years now. I prefer styling, sound, interior and brembos of the 350 however ive never driven one or been in one. Plus i know if i wanted it faster it would cost a fortune to get good power (keep looking at stillen superchargers)

Any advice or opinions welcome, also are the engines strong units if looked after? Not got bottom ends made of chocolate or suffer from any major issues or timing chain noises or worse breakages?

Thank you for the welcome :) yeah i understand that without a charger it is harder to get some good hp gains, to be honest i think as long as i can get a nice 300hp or more will be enough as they dont seem slow cars anyway.

i was thinking of the basic, exhaust mods, panel filter with plenum spacer and remap. Any other options for small gains as they should all add up.

my car is loud and harsh/crashy with coilovers etc and now wanting a more daily sports car and a change from the sx to be honest

I came from an S13 to a 350z, my 200 was only running around 280bhp but felt a hell of a lot quicker. 350's are grand tourers after all and a lot heavier, great car as a inbetween of comfort, reliability and power though.

If you get an early model GT which are 276 you will probably be lucky to get 300bhp at the fly as apposed to 340 with about half a tonne less weight!

If you truly do have a need for speed I'd imagine you would get bored. Well at least I did, mines currently for sale and looking at something turbo'd again!

As for the engines they arnt really like CA's and SR's melting at 300bhp and VVT rattles but they arnt forced induction. Mines been reliable as you like ever since I brought it not one thing gone wrong with it and they do sound epic!

• 2 weeks later...
:welcome: to the forum. I had two S14's before I bought my Z and it was the best thing I could have done. My first S14 was fairly mildly tuned but my second one had over £13k spent on the engine alone and was putting out 365bhp and 345ft/lb of torque that was without the NOS. It was more suited to the track than the road (racing clutches are a pig in traffic) and I used to wear earplugs on long journeys. Buying my ZGT was brilliant, I've had it just over a year now and it still brings a big :teeth: to my face every time I get in it. I love the torque, the comfort, the colour (azure blue) and I've enjoyed it that much I've not done much to it at all yet. Go on take a leap of faith, you won't be disappointed. The S14's and S15's are getting a bit long in the tooth now, go for GT and feel some VEE power.