Interior Wrapping Fail

SiriusProjects

Hi All,

Well, I was hoping that I would be posting pictures of the centre console and door trim wrapping that I had done today by a local firm.

Sadly though, I'm just too disappointed with the result to want to post any pictures. I'm gutted, I really am.

I need some help. Does anyone know of anyone in the Somerset area or close to Somerset that could redo the job for me?

Thanks.

Hi Guys,

Got an update for you. I spoke to the guy who did the work today and he basically admitted that yes, it was a poor quality job.

He put it down to the fact that he ran out of time that day. Well, I got to him at 10am and didn't leave until 6pm and that wasn't because the job took that long. The guy also does remaps and while I was there two or three people turned up during the day and he would just leave my job to go and do remaps for them and he wondered why he ran out of time!

Anyway, having discussed it with him, he has agreed to redo it. Okay, I could get it done somewhere else, but I am willing to give the guy another chance. He is local to me and I like to support local firms. If he can step up and do a good job then I will be happy to recommend him to my friends.

Initially I did go for a yellow carbon fibre wrap to match it up with the exterior colour, however, having seen the finished product, I found it to be a little too garish for my tastes. So I have asked him to redo the job using a black carbon fibre wrap as I've decided to keep the interior relatively neutral now.

I will of course, quality permitting, post some pics of the finished job.

Awful mate, the sort of thing you might be happy with if a mate did it, no way is that good enough to have been paid for

+1 on this ^

Running out of time is no excuse . . especially when care and attention has to be taken at the job in hand. Hopefully when its redone it will look much better. I actually quite like the Yellow :blush:

I will admit that I didn't know a great deal about vinyl wrapping before I looked into getting the interior done, but the word "wrapping" to me implied that the edges and apertures of any trim pieces would have the vinyl wrapped around them. If I had attempted the job myself, that's how I would have done it anyway. Would I be wrong in assuming that?

If you are down south get over to Taras at RT he will wrap that lot properly for you.

Utterly shocking job, if they think that what they are doing is a professional job then I should start up my own business I did a better job on my own interior.