Brave man or idiot? :-|

Adrian@TORQEN

Petrol station manager fighting for life after being dragged 200 yards when he clung to car's windscreen wipers after motorist drove off without paying

- Lekshmanan Asokkumar, 58, was in a critical condition in hospital last night

- He was hit on the forecourt at the Texaco garage in West Kingsdown, Kent

- The father-of-two was thrown from the car and left for dead on the roadside

- Police have described the car as a dark coloured small saloon

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2382366/Petrol-station-manager-clung-car-motorist-drove-paying-fighting-life-hospital.html

Driving off without paying is an epidemic given the price of petrol, my local Tesco not only

has CCTV Cameras but a security guard who checks number plates, still does not stop it

as they use false plates to nick fuel, unfortunately a lot are from Eastern Europe and cannot

be traced anyway. :scare:

Driving off without paying is an epidemic given the price of petrol, my local Tesco not only

has CCTV Cameras but a security guard who checks number plates, still does not stop it

as they use false plates to nick fuel, unfortunately a lot are from Eastern Europe and cannot

What can I do, it's way toooooooooo expeeeeeeeensiiiveeee!

What can I do, it's way toooooooooo expeeeeeeeensiiiveeee!

Stop buying 370's :shrug:

Edited by Keyser

Clicked on the link. Headlines are a little misleading. Basically the guy was writing down the reg plate cos they didn't pay. Then they drove into him. He was hit and on the bonnet. He grabbed into the wipers to stop himself falling off or under the car.

I don't think it's about the money it's about right v wrong, I the impression from his son & wife's quotes that he is the sort of man that would chase someone half a mile if they pinched a mars bar.... not a bad thing in my book but unfortunately you never know who you are dealing with...

Do what the Americans do and make people pay first. A pain but would stop this happening.

For those not aware, in the states, if you try to fill up without going in first they don't turn the pumps on. You have to go in and pay an amount you want (say 60$) and the pump stops at that amount or if you have change you go back in and collect it.

For those not wanted to go inside, use your card like the tesco pay at pump stations have.

Do what the Americans do and make people pay first. A pain but would stop this happening.

For those not aware, in the states, if you try to fill up without going in first they don't turn the pumps on. You have to go in and pay an amount you want (say 60$) and the pump stops at that amount or if you have change you go back in and collect it.

For those not wanted to go inside, use your card like the tesco pay at pump stations have.

+1 its the same here in Canada. A little weird to start with, but , no money. . . no fuel :thumbs: