Couple killed in Ashby - black 350Z

Sarahhp18

Not good at all im hopeing its notthe couple i was chatting to not long ago they were from Leicestershire amd were new owners aswell

Such sad news my condolence go out the the family at this sad time :(

Take it easy out there every one we dont want to keep adding to the list of lifes lost :(

Not good at all im hopeing its notthe couple i was chatting to not long ago they were from Leicestershire amd were new owners aswell

Such sad news my condolence go out the the family at this sad time :(

Take it easy out there every one we dont want to keep adding to the list of lifes lost :(

The pair who passed away, who have today been named locally as postmen Charlie Cooper and Stephen O’Brien, from Swadlincote, were killed after their vehicle careered off the road.

Rip.

The pair who passed away, who have today been named locally as postmen Charlie Cooper and Stephen O’Brien, from Swadlincote, were killed after their vehicle careered off the road.

Rip.

Both in their 50's apparently.

R.I.P

Pete

Really a sad story :(

Wonder what the cause of the accident was, as in speed, mechanical issue, road condition etc

I looked on google maps. Road is as straight as an arrow for miles, but quite narrow and the accident happened right before a humpback bridge. Car was certainly shifting but why it crossed the road and went through a hedge, I've no idea.

Pete

Sad news and thoughts with the family and friends of them both.

Is that an actual picture of the scene. There doesn't appear to be any skid marks there which could point to a brake failure or maybe falling asleep at the wheel?

Sad news and thoughts with the family and friends of them both.

Is that an actual picture of the scene. There doesn't appear to be any skid marks there which could point to a brake failure or maybe falling asleep at the wheel?

The police have marked the track of the vehicle with yellow lines. There don't look to be any skidmarks but a few weeks ago a vehicle crashed through a gate on a lane by us and the marks it left were very faint (possibly the ABS kicking in?). Note that the yellow lines start right on the edge of the verge.

00502281.jpg

Pete

Edited by JetSet

Sad news :(

It does look as if the driver didn't react as there are no skid marks? Even squinting I can't see anything. Problem is you can't see the road leading up to the incident...

Perhaps an animal darted onto the road? Who knows.