Crinkle Paint on Manifold

Cozzi

Im looking at tiding the engine bay up a bit soon, this will include cleaning or painting the manifold.

Has anyone used the Crinkle finish paint, with its primary function most commonly on Honda and Ferrari Engines being more surface area to disperse heat?

If not, can anyone see a reason why this would not work, and I'll update when its done if not!

Edited by Cozzi

Yes manifold, the cam covers could be done also but both would benefit from less heat.

well in that case i can see the paint lasting about 150 miles and peeling off, also dont forget its about a 6-7 hour job to remove the manifolds

You don't have to paint the plenum in VHT paint, it can be painted in 'normal' rattle can paint. Although it gets warm (very warm) it doesn't get hot enough to warrant the need for a heat resistant.high temperature paint.

If it's the wrinkle/crinkle finish you'rer after, then go for it, but I don't think you'll see much benefit from using that paint as a heat dispersal tool.

I'm no expert though.

You don't have to paint the plenum in VHT paint, it can be painted in 'normal' rattle can paint. Although it gets warm (very warm) it doesn't get hot enough to warrant the need for a heat resistant.high temperature paint.

If it's the wrinkle/crinkle finish you'rer after, then go for it, but I don't think you'll see much benefit from using that paint as a heat dispersal tool.

I'm no expert though.

Does the plenum need any special preparation to accept paint or is it just ensuring it is free from loose dust and such like?

David

David, I just cleaned and lightly sanded mine (it's a textured finish anyway so the sanding wasn't entirely necessary), then just used primer and paint from rattle cans.