Gave the car a mini valet

Bems

After heading out to see the guys at Polished Bliss in Kintore for some advice on products to use on the night blue paint I set about giving her a good clean. For anyone not aware of Polished Bliss check out they're website http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/ these guys seriously know what they're doing!

So without going into a huge write up here are the results:

6ce8ed04-0a46-49fd-a55d-f9b93db65c73.jpg

image-3.jpg

image-4.jpg

image-7.jpg

image-6.jpg

It was a little cloudy after I'd finished and pics are from iPhone so not the best but I'm fairly pleased with the results considering it was all done by hand.

Paint is in pretty good condition anyway so not yet tempted to buy a DA. Products used as follows:

Snowfoam: Meguiars Hyper wash

De-tar: Auto finesse obliTARate

Shampoo: Meguiars gold class

Clay: Meguiars smooth surface clay kit

Glaze: poorboys black hole

Wax: poorboys Natty's paste wax

Wheels: wonder wheels hot wheels

Have to say although I am no expert when it comes to car cleaning the 350z is a pretty easy car to clean compared to some cars I've had. Also my first stab at claying which I was slightly apprehensive about doing I case I marked the car but turns out its a piece of cake too.

Edited by Bems

What you using to put the foam on with?

A Airport Fire engine!!!

I can't get my cream up like that!!!

LOL

Nothing fancy just a polished bliss snow foam lance, megs hyper wash & a Karcher pressure washer. Simples :)

Edited by Bems

I got a hoze lock one and been using valet pro which is a tad expensive!

Had some freebies given me but thus far cants get it to stick like that?

Tried all the settings.

It may be the stuff I am using as its a new thing to me.

I think its always more as I tend to buy online from the likes of Moza car care etc.

So we have p+p on top!

• 1 month later...

Night Blue looks lovely Bems ;)

Great job looks good I might go for this colour next

Might be selling mine soon - got the frost leather, too....sorry for the hijack, but Bems tried to nick my seats earlier in the week :p

Just trying to keep some of your car in the forum incase you do sell ;)

If you trade in you won't get any more for it whether it has black or frost leather in it soooo......... ;) ;)

• 7 months later...

so started the big clean for the summer since the good weathers creeping in

started with a snow foam using Megs hyper

1stShoot_00006_140311.jpg

1stShoot_00003_140311.jpg

1stShoot_00002_140311.jpg

then wash with Chemical guys maxi suds 2 which i have to say was a good recommendation by a lot of you guys, much better than my old Megs gold class.

1stShoot_00008_140311.jpg

1stShoot_00010_140311.jpg

then clay bar with megs kit

1stShoot_00012_140311.jpg

then i started with the DA for the first time. Wiped down bonnet with Killer filler first. So far only done the bonnet but for anyone in the same position as i was it really is easy. Best advice I can give is to work small areas at a time & allow the polish to break down properly to avoid marring. The paint wasn't bad on mine so I used a DAS-6 pro, menzerna finishing pad & menzerna SF4500 compound which gave me good results. To do the bonnet took around three hours in total with three passes on each small section. I have no doubt that this process could be sped up but as it was my first time I made sure I took my time.

Pics aren't great as it had clouded over by the time i had finished & forgot to get before pics but heres the end result with one coat of Dodo Juice purple haze

1stShoot_00015_140313.jpg

Rest of car will be polished when time allows.

Edited by Bems