Facebook Parking - Dailymail link

ioneabee

It's also impossible to tell from that picture how full the car park was. If it was pretty empty and they were only nipping into a shop quickly, for example, it's not quite as bad as some as the other examples shown in the other pictures. I wouldn't do it personally but if you're not denying other people a space in an empty(ish) car park..........

It's also impossible to tell from that picture how full the car park was. If it was pretty empty and they were only nipping into a shop quickly, for example, it's not quite as bad as some as the other examples shown in the other pictures. I wouldn't do it personally but if you're not denying other people a space in an empty(ish) car park..........

I've seen someone park sideways across like 4 bays before in empty car parks. I mean, we're talking midnight at an Asda or something so it's not like it will cause any problems. I've always been tempted to myself, but owning a 350z with a personalised plate already gives certain connotations to the random public I'd imagine, no need to worsen that.

I've seen someone park sideways across like 4 bays before in empty car parks. I mean, we're talking midnight at an Asda or something so it's not like it will cause any problems. I've always been tempted to myself, but owning a 350z with a personalised plate already gives certain connotations to the random public I'd imagine, no need to worsen that.

Yeah probably best not to draw undue attention to our much loved cars :)

Some of that parking is a bit short minded - on the corner of a junction etc. But if the car park is relatively empty and there is no chance i will get in the way I will try to park over 2 spaces. This is usually only in my local car park, and it is quite literally the furthest 2 spaces from the pedestrian exit to the shops, on the top level.

Some of that parking is a bit short minded - on the corner of a junction etc. But if the car park is relatively empty and there is no chance i will get in the way I will try to park over 2 spaces. This is usually only in my local car park, and it is quite literally the furthest 2 spaces from the pedestrian exit to the shops, on the top level.

If it is empty and miles awaywhy not just park in one space?

I can't see there is ever a reason to park across 2 bays, if it is busy it is inconsiderate, if it is quiet it is not necessary :shrug:

If I drove a crappy little car I would park next to someone on purpose if they were parked across 2 bays :p

• Like 1

Fair comment Dave, just like to get the car out of the way. Whenever out and about I aim to get a space at the end of a row, preferably next to a 'nice' car. There was a another post a while back about parking next to the passenger side of the neighbouring car to further reduce being 'dinged' by Joe Public. All helps :)

I can't see there is ever a reason to park across 2 bays, if it is busy it is inconsiderate, if it is quiet it is not necessary :shrug:

If I drove a crappy little car I would park next to someone on purpose if they were parked across 2 bays :p

I think the point is if the car park is quite large and is virtually empty, and you aren't staying for a long time, there is no reason to adhere to the lines. It's not about specifically choosing to park across two spaces; it's about it not being necessary to ensure that you avoid doing so. Anyone who took exception to that simply because you hadn't parked between two painted lines would be irrational. You aren't depriving other drivers of a space or inconveniencing them in any way, so you aren't doing anything wrong.

I think the point is if the car park is quite large and is virtually empty, and you aren't staying for a long time, there is no reason to adhere to the lines. It's not about specifically choosing to park across two spaces; it's about it not being necessary to ensure that you avoid doing so. Anyone who took exception to that simply because you hadn't parked between two painted lines would be irrational. You aren't depriving other drivers of a space or inconveniencing them in any way, so you aren't doing anything wrong.

Of course you are doing something wrong, you are not parking properly :wacko:

Surely it is irrational to be in an empty part of the car park and NOT park between the painted lines.... my point is it draws more attention to your car which is already parked miles from anyone else, If it was parked correctly I would think fair enough, if it was still parked across 2 bays then I am with Ekona and would think C@&T :dry:

Sigh...it's the point at which the disguised expletives come out that I think to myself - do I care enough about this to continue an argument about something I don't actually do? The answer is no, but for the record I think you've both missed the point entirely. People don't set up a website about bad parking because its' not "proper"; they do it because bad parking can cause inconvenience and even danger to others, which rightly makes people angry. The situation I outlined does neither and the disabled bay analogy is so misconceived I don't know where to begin! :surrender:

i would think a badly parked car is more likely to see a keying than one parked normally. parking over 2 bays would see more damage than parking normally. you won;t get dinged, but everyone else in the carpark will be contemplating doing something to your car.

i'd happily hand out stones to kids for throwing at badly parked cars. 10p a throw.

• 1 month later...