Photos with registration showing?

witstu

In my opinion, no.

I mean if it were my car I'd have no problem with you posting pics of it with the complete Reg.

It's not going to give anyone any advantage knowing the Reg of my car.

'EDIT'

Just saw the for sale bit, well that would be one of the first questions someone would ask you anyway, so no, leave it there, it makes it easier for potential buyers, insurance, history, etc..

Edited by Suits

It winds me up when people post a for sale ad without the reg available. If I want to get an insurance quote or do an HPI check I can't, so I'll move on to the next car which has the reg available.

Yup, I always think "what is the seller trying to hide" :lol:

Also a lot of people think if they have there reg on the net people will steal it clone it whatever, how is this any diffrent to me walking round tesco car park with a notepad and pen if they want it the will get it, you dont park up at night and cover your plates do you?

• Like 1

Is it not an old wives tale, has anyone had their car cloned? I know it does happen but pretty rare, you more likely to get your card cloned and your bank account raped...

I had my both plates stolen from an Audi I once owned, found them a few days later sticking out of my windscreen where some guy had put a brick through it.

Maybe that had something to do with the fact I was parked outside his girlfriends uni room and was inside having a "chat" with her though on both occasions though.

• Like 1

On a for sale add, I agree, keep them in but for general pictures I tend to blur it out.

Not sure why really, people see my plate every day on my way to work.

I guess its just piece of mind that if someone was to try and clone my reg/track down my car it would be harder for them to find.

On a for sale add, I agree, keep them in but for general pictures I tend to blur it out.

Not sure why really, people see my plate every day on my way to work.

I guess its just piece of mind that if someone was to try and clone my reg/track down my car it would be harder for them to find.

Yes, very true.

The unfortunate fact is though that if someone really wants to track anything down on you, they can.

• Like 1

I had my both plates stolen from an Audi I once owned, found them a few days later sticking out of my windscreen where some guy had put a brick through it.

Maybe that had something to do with the fact I was parked outside his girlfriends uni room and was inside having a "chat" with her though on both occasions though.

Having been on the other side of this situation, you deserve it imo if you new she was taken but that another story for another day

Having been on the other side of this situation, you deserve it imo if you new she was taken but that another story for another day

Lol, I had no idea. I explained myself and he paid for screen swap, I left her well alone after that.

Not sure I'd have been so restrained if the shoe had been on the other foot! I probably wouldn't have waited for an explanation tbh

Is it not an old wives tale, has anyone had their car cloned?

Back in the day someone stole a Lambretta and put my number plates on it and pretended to be me. Although I didn't know the person involved, I did find out that number plates had been supplied to him by someone I did know. Backfired on him though when he got pulled up in Chester by a policeman who knew me...don't ask :lol:.

Pete

Yes, cloning exists, but from a Zed owners point of view it's hardly worth worrying about, The cloner would have to have another Zed in the same colour as yours for it to work - there aren't that many around. Picking on a Silver Golf owner would be much less hassle I'd imagine for the criminal; fecking hundreds around and much less likely to create attention. There are even less Roadsters around so I'm laughing. Also, I've got a pretty recognisable 2-number 2-letter private reg plate, so I reckon I'm as safe as houses :) ...still not telling you my reg plate though :p

Edited by rogerxp
  • Like 2

Picking on a Silver Golf owner would be much less hassle I'd imagine for the criminal; fecking hundreds around and much less likely to create attention.

Silver BMW would do do the job too, pretty well any model as they all look the same :stir:

Pete

• Like 1

Picking on a Silver Golf owner would be much less hassle I'd imagine for the criminal; fecking hundreds around and much less likely to create attention.

Silver BMW would do do the job too, pretty well any model as they all look the same :stir:

Pete

And lets be honest, them, Audi, & Jag owners all deserve it :)

All bar two Jag owners :)

Edited by flexib