The line up at the Shell garage this morning...

MrsNiki

2013-06-16130729_zps749f4519.jpg

I got all excited as i pulled in next to these bad boys, and then discovered that the two 'Ferrari's' were MR2's with 3lt V6 engines and replica kits, and the 'Lambo' was also a replica with a 5lt engine in it. Didn't find out what the original chassis was for that one, and a quick look on the my car check app revealed it was listed as a Lambo Replica, which did not help! Reckon it was a Mitsubishi little sport car thingy (feel free to tell me what the model is haha!)

I can't quite understand the reason behind replica's.... surely they must be pretty expensive to do, could have got a real Ferrari 360 for decent money... but then again i suppose having japanese cars under a body kit must be more reliable....

Whats your opinions?

• Like 1

Used to be a "F430" that came down to Purley Cruise a few years back

Closer inspection revealed WOODEN brake caliper covers :scare: the engine bay was a plastic cover, and the tax disc shows it as an MR2 which only cost something like £180 for a year :lol:

Yet this guy had spent something like £40k on this conversion?!

Makes absolutely NO sense to me

• Like 2

at first I was like AWESOME!! but thought there was something not quite right with the lambo. the yellow Ferrari looks not too bad from the front but to be honest I would never have a replica car. the zeds by far the best car there even if it is the BEST colour :lol:

Agreed and corrected your mistake for you :p:lol::D

• Like 2

Haha, missniki, what at first looks like the cheapest car in the line up, turns out to be the only genuine one :lol:

Oh yes, felt dead chuffed when i left the place! :lol:

Should have rolled down the window and said

"At least I'm not ashamed of my jap roots and hide in a fake Armani suit"

It's a bit tragic really as £40K can get you one hell of a car. I guess it's just about the badge and the status that they think a Lambo or a Fezza brings... I just don't get it myself... surely £40K gets you a pretty decent d!ck enlargement these days, which is basically what they're after?

You can buy some of the 355 replicas for around £10k, which is a fair bit less than a real one. I've also seen a few 250 gto replicas for around £30k, good luck getting a real one of those for anything like that!

There is quite a good 355 replica that parks near work sometimes, most people at work are fooled by it but then that's only when it's parked up!

Personally I'd prefer to have a zed.