nice seats

aidan

• 2 weeks later...

At £10k you'll be keeping it for a very very long time. I'm sure the ohlins shocks cost a few quid but it's nearly £4k over priced, and that's taking them into account!

It's run on my company insurance where anything I use personally has to be for sale............without stating the obvious does this now make sense ;-) I found this out the hard way when a young idiot ploughed into the back of my car that wasn't up for sale and has left me out of pocket for £13,000.00 for over a year and still counting, for a small company that's owned and run by me alone that's a lot of money :-(

Riks old car? That was originally a black car not white from what I remember so I don't think so! I was in discussion with him to buy it a few years ago but then a new workshop / unit became available to buy so I had to put my money into that instead.

The seats were done by Steve at Autostitch in Blackwood and were pretty reasonable at £450 but I had these done a while ago. I bought this from the original importer around 15 months ago but had to sell as I decided to build myself a house but then took it back as a part ex last month. Out of all the 350's I've had I liked this the most especially as it's an original colour not a repaint so it can stay with me for as long as I decide to keep it :-)

I did expect lots of 'opinions' but I do like a good banter especially when it comes to what it's worth discussions but let's please keep it friendly, from my previous posts you'll find a few posts where I do try to help people and join in with advice where I can as a fellow enthusiast

If anyone wants Steves contact details for the seats

Edited by Dave J

450 is a great price for seats.....cost me 260 just to get the driver side retrimmed and rebolstered in my old Evo. Triple sticking / special machine / special leather etc etc.

Fair play to Steve he's very reasonable and does do a great job! That's probably the reason his business is flat out 6 days a week whereas many other trimers are quiet and have very little to do. His main business is T5 vans now though and he's just done a bespoke quilted design for one of my vans, even that was under a grand which included the VAT so he'll have my business for another decade as he has for the last :teeth:

If you ever need anything done you can always post them to my workshop as he's only a few hundred yards from me and you can deal direct with him financially. He also has the material ther to recover the Pajero Evo seats along with the Mazda RX7 RZ cloth. A few lads off the MRC club have had the RZ seats done with him as they wear so badly even with the low mile cars :wacko:

Dave.

Sell it to Mark Harris Dave, he is itching to spend some money now he has rid of the the 7 ;)

He's supposed to be spending his RX7 money on his extension materials, Im sure he'll end up buying another car though!!

You finished up with the RX7's now? I still miss my old blue one and especially the speed, the 350's are a slow old boat compared to the single turbo'd 7's but it's nice to be able to jump into something that'll get you there :-)

Sell it to Mark Harris Dave, he is itching to spend some money now he has rid of the the 7 ;)

He's supposed to be spending his RX7 money on his extension materials, Im sure he'll end up buying another car though!!

You finished up with the RX7's now? I still miss my old blue one and especially the speed, the 350's are a slow old boat compared to the single turbo'd 7's but it's nice to be able to jump into something that'll get you there :-)

Yes buddy, we keep chatting cars but extension is on the top of his list, then i get a call out the blue, seen this really nice 350z, lol.

Yep, out of 7's and glad of it, the scene is tragic as i am sure Mark has said and probably a lot more honestly than could be said on a public forum. The 350z doesnt match up in the speed department but the what does to a 450+hp car weighing 1200kgs, unless you have hypercar money. The 350z ticks every box though and it does it all very well, i am loving it, i will go the supercharger route one day and then i think it will more than capable :)

Yes buddy, we keep chatting cars but extension is on the top of his list, then i get a call out the blue, seen this really nice 350z, lol.

Yep, out of 7's and glad of it, the scene is tragic as i am sure Mark has said and probably a lot more honestly than could be said on a public forum. The 350z doesnt match up in the speed department but the what does to a 450+hp car weighing 1200kgs, unless you have hypercar money. The 350z ticks every box though and it does it all very well, i am loving it, i will go the supercharger route one day and then i think it will more than capable :)

I quite fancy a supercharger and there was one for sale just down the road from me but I missed it, I've got a supercharged 330 Beemer cab in and thats great fun to drive and may just be a little quicker than the M3 cab I have for sale.

I ended up breaking my last RX7 which was a good move as it netted me around £6k more than it would have sold for. Shame really but that's the way things have gone with the RX scene :-(. I thought Mark may have done the same with his car but he got a good sale after all............hopefully he'll spend wisely on the house as intended!!

Selling that last rx7 was the best decision I've made in 17 years of car ownership. The scene has lost it. The car was by far the quickest thing I've ever been in or on.. But I want something I can trust to actually get me to the destination without having panic sweats wondering if it will overheat. Flood. Throw a tip. Blah blah .. And yeah I am keeping my eye on the forum eBay etc for a nice Z ;)

Well hello there. Thought I'd pop up and say hello.

Random - but Hello :)

Funny first post I'm sure. I've been lurking for a few weeks but seeing as I'm being chatted about I thought I may as well say hello . Will pop a proper hello thread in a mo :)