350z DE DRL Reflector LEDs - All Sold

cs2000

So, I picked the black ones up from the royal mail place yesterday, they had a customs fee attached. 3.42 customs (VAT) charge, with a 8.00 royal mail handling fee :rant:

Anyway, Saturday morning was spent measuring drilling and inserting LED's, then had some personal errands to run and so I got round to the silicone part on Saturday evening. I plan to let them dry all day today, complete the wiring on Monday Morning and get these out Tuesday :)

The Batch n3 of silver reflectors are still on the way to me, somewhere between here and California.

Thanks for the comment mate :)

I actually don't know of anyone making these. I dare say you could get them from the US :shrug:

I would build them, but the reflectors alone are £55 at the absolute cheapest so doesn't make sense to really, they would be very expensive.

I have a set, the LEDs have a blue tint. I'll be getting rid of them when I fit my new bumper but they will probably want repairing as some of the LEDs have blown. Maybe cs2k to see if he can modify them to the same quality as the ones he is making? :)

Another Update, Fluke & Aliensurfer, I received your reflectors on Friday morning and began building them (much to the dis=approval of the Mrs!). Got ALMOST finished then was 2 LED's short. Not entirely my fault as I did order some over a week ago but they haven't arrived :(

Fluke il be contacting you shortly as your first on the list yours are ready, just pending testing which is underway now.

Aliensurfer, as soon these two LED's arrive yours are essentially done, again pending testing.

As for batch 3. I have just ordered the parts, however im on holiday next Wednesday & the parts have to come to me from America, a race against the clock, essentially, it will either be ready before the 26th, or shortly after im back which is Sat 6th of July.

Edited by cs2000

Cheers Aliensurfer, just trying to get them all done before the holiday :)

Your LED's turned up yesterday morning, so I did the fixing and siliconing within half an hour. This is drying and simultaneously testing. All being well I hope to have them posted tomorrow, if not friday, il let you know either way :)

DannyG, certainly, there will be a delay however as im off on holiday, but il add you to the list :)

Dont suppose anyone has an pictures of these fitted do they (other than the OP's picture on page 1)?

Think the idea is brilliant, its always annoyed me that the reflectors dont do anything on the earlier zeds, but I'd need to see some other peoples cars with them on to decide if I want them on mine.

Dont suppose anyone has an pictures of these fitted do they (other than the OP's picture on page 1)?

Think the idea is brilliant, its always annoyed me that the reflectors dont do anything on the earlier zeds, but I'd need to see some other peoples cars with them on to decide if I want them on mine.

See post 99

I posted a pic on page 5, quality isn't the best though as i took them with my fone. Could probably take some with a proper camera though :)

Can I be added to the list too for some clear/silver ones?

Think you missed my above post ^^^ :-)

Sorry :blush: don't know how I missed that! :wacko: Ive added you onto the list :)

@Longsh07, there is also this http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/71386-cs2000-drl-fleckers/

In the day switched off they are almost invisible, and with the LED's on there not massively bright during the day, ofcourse depends on sunlight levels and all, they look perfect however at night. They aren't bright enough to attract any unwanted attention from the police which is what I wanted. I hear they're clamping down on people with ridiculously bright lights now. Admittedly, some are dazzling and do need to be stopped.

Please take note, ignore the fingerprints on this set. Due to me still experimenting I used superglue as well as silicone in the first 4 sets I made. Sadly this seemed to evaporate inside the lens and stick to fingerprints inside from when the reflectors were made in the factory leaving print marks.

All my original 4 buyers were very understanding but since then I haven't used superglue, it wasn't strictly necessary and means I can guarantee no finger marks ;)

If anyone does have any photos fitted stick them up and il link to them from my first post :)

Edited by cs2000
  • Like 1

Ah your tempting me!

I actually brought a set of clear reflectors from RS/Steve 350z a couple months ago but not got round to fitting them yet. Any chance of a discount if I send you my reflectors?

Also, I not sure if someone asked this (did search the thread but nothing came up) but how are they wired in?

Do they come on with ignition or with side lights?

I assume they could be wired up to a separate switch which could go on the blanking plate next to the traction control button?

Ive been asked this before. The issue is, Ive never actually seen a set of OEM reflectors. I already had some LED ones on my car when I bought it so im unsure if they're made the same way as the ones im buying.

The ones I have leave a small gap of 2-3mm between the inside of the lens and the back reflective surface, this allows me to insert an LED. If the OEM ones have this gap then I guess its possible, but of course all my references for drilling the LED holes would be different.

As for the wiring, im guessing (I did this, and this is what the fitting instructions show) that most people wire them to their sidelights, but yes, technically you could use a switch to control them manually.

Fair enough, ill take a look at the reflectors I've got when I get home from work.

No fussed about getting a discount, was more wondering if it would save you the cost of a pair.

Plus at £50 these are a damn good deal anyway so put me down for a set :)